PDA

View Full Version : We've got PUPPIES!!

littlered
12-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Marisol and Novio (our bull terriers) are now proud parents of 5 pretty little babies. There are 3 females and 2 males, and they all look almost exactly alike! some have more brown markings, some have more black, but they are marked symetrically and are soooo darn cuuuuuute! (check out bull terrier puppy pics on web browsers.) I'd post pics but our camera is on the fritz right now. DARN! Bull terriers are the dogs with the HUGE noses...(think: Target dog) Their faces are very pink right now, and with those big noses, they kind of look like baby piglets! Marisol had 6, but one didn't make it....we massaged his little chest, tried to give him "mouth to schnoot" resusitation, but he never drew a breath...sad.
I am having such fun holding the babies! Marisol will let me take one and hold it for awhile, then she appears with a worried "Give me my baby back" look, so I let her take it back to the little playpen that is their bed.
We have buyers lined up for all of them, but I will keep them for at least 8 weeks before I let them go.....IF I can :)

MARYCAIN
12-07-2006, 07:22 PM
I LOVE PUPPIES of all shapes and sizes although we're waiting for the boys to get a little older to get one. But I would love to hold your babies - they're so sweet when they are tiny and helpless. Hope you are giving Momma some extra good food so she can feed all those little ones. My brother had a terrier named Penny who looked a little like the Target dog - she was so clumsy it was almost comical, and loved to jump in your lap and give slobbery kisses. She loved my brother more than anybody else, and during the last few days of his life she would lie on the bed and lick his hand. I hooe he knew she was there. Dogs truly are man's best friend.

littlered
12-08-2006, 07:43 AM
The babies are darling. Marisol eats (in addition to dry dog food) cooked meat scraps and bones from a butcher nearby. I walked in one day and showed him pics of my dogs and asked for bones...well the guy not only gave me bones but BIG bags of meat scraps that I cook up for the dogs. I try to go see the butcher every wednesday, and he gives me what he would normally throw away. (what a nice guy, huh? I made him something special for Christmas to say thank you.) He was thrilled about the puppies!
Marisol is very lady-like, though she is a big dog and can be rather clumsy. Novio, our male, is like a great big Frat Boy. He is VERY clumsy, will knock you over just by walking by you. He steals sips of beer from my husband, in fact he steals EVERYthing....(panties are his favorite...I guess he considers it a "panty raid"!) and he BELCHES sooo loudly...like a man! He wags his tail afterwards, like, "Cool!" Like I said, he's a big Frat Boy.
I think everybody on here should have one hour of "puppy therapy" every day. Just holding them and stroking them and playing. These are too young to play yet, but they make the sweetest little sounds. I asked a friend to bring over a camera so I can send y'all virtual "puppy therapy."

littlered
12-08-2006, 07:58 AM
The babies are darling. Marisol eats (in addition to dry dog food) cooked meat scraps and bones from a butcher nearby. I walked in one day and showed him pics of my dogs and asked for bones...well the guy not only gave me bones but BIG bags of meat scraps that I cook up for the dogs. I try to go see the butcher every wednesday, and he gives me what he would normally throw away. (what a nice guy, huh? I made him something special for Christmas to say thank you.) He was thrilled about the puppies!
Marisol is very lady-like, though she is a big dog and can be rather clumsy. Novio, our male, is like a great big Frat Boy. He is VERY clumsy, will knock you over just by walking by you. He steals sips of beer from my husband, in fact he steals EVERYthing....(panties are his favorite...I guess he considers it a "panty raid"!) and he BELCHES sooo loudly...like a man! He wags his tail afterwards, like, "Cool!" Like I said, he's a big Frat Boy.
I think everybody on here should have one hour of "puppy therapy" every day. Just holding them and stroking them and playing. These are too young to play yet, but they make the sweetest little sounds. I asked a friend to bring over a camera so I can send y'all virtual "puppy therapy."

beautifulbeluga
12-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Congratulations, does this make you a grandma? I just love puppy breath, if they ever made a fragrance that is one that I would buy. Gregory, my husband always laughs at me when I come across a little puppy somewhere I just can't help myself from picking it up, cuddling and getting a whiff of my favorite fragrance. Too bad dogs don't smell like that when they grow up. Most of the time Kira's breath just stinks, and I call her "stinky breath".

Glad your mom-ma is doing fine, too bad she lost one of her little one's. I always wonder what it is like for them when all their puppies leave? Anyway, congratulations again.

beautifulbeluga

littlered
12-09-2006, 01:43 PM
I remember Bailey our female beagle who we had years ago. We had the treehouse in the backyard....anyway when Bailey decided the puppies needed to be weaned, she would climb the stairs of the tree house and the puppies would mill around at the bottom, crying. Bailey didn't care; it was as if she realized it was time for them to GROW UP!
I imagine mamma dogs are somewhat sad but somewhat relieved when the pups leave...kinda like when our kids go off to college. Sure, we miss them, bu we know they MUST leave the nest to live their own grownup lives. Bailey never seemed sad when they left.

Missy
12-11-2006, 09:32 AM
An hour of puppy therapy every day would DEFINITELY make my Lupus better!!! We should get that covered by insurance! :lol:

It sounds like your Marisol (I love that name & Novio so cute!- I speak Spanish) is a great Mama!

Congrats!