PDA

View Full Version : Work from home ideas?

PR2001
12-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Anyone want to share? I don't have any but maybe this feature can be added to the site. :? :D

TERIOD
04-26-2007, 07:32 PM
even though this post is old, I would like to hear any ideas also

mnjodette
04-27-2007, 07:12 AM
A word of caution about 'work from home' ideas. There are a lot of advertisements on TV, the Internet and in magazines about 'working from home' and making lots of money. I work for an organization that deals in consumer protection issues, and we see people who've fallen for these ploys, only to spend a lot of money on the 'start up' packets for businesses that just don't make any money (except for the company selling the packets!) Be careful! There are lots of people who work at home in these days of telecommuting, but you don't want to get caught in a scam.

I work for a non-profit, and since I've been sick, I've changed positions and do a lot of grant writing. Much of it can be done from home. I know others who do nothing but write grants, and they do almost ALL of their work from home. If you have talent in that area, it is one option. (Gotta have high speed Internet, though.)

Kokopelli
04-27-2007, 12:46 PM
I am a Party Gals distributor. I am a "romance consultant" and do in home parties for ladies and couples. I teach them about different lotions, potions, powders, games, books and things go BUZZ!

It's a riot!! I have a blast doing it and have made enough money so that I'm to the point of 50% commission on what I sell.

I take orders for the products and collect the money and when I order, my cost is half of the retail cost of the item. Also the company runs specials on things so at times my commission is higher then 50%.

My biggest party so far, was $3000.00 (1500 in commission). Plus, when you have your own company, you get tax benefits as well.

If you're interested, message me privately and I'll send you the info and the website. (Yes, if you decide to do it, it would help me as well if you sign up with me.)

TERIOD
04-27-2007, 01:42 PM
I am a Party Gals distributor. I am a "romance consultant" and do in home parties for ladies and couples. I teach them about different lotions, potions, powders, games, books and things go BUZZ!

It's a riot!! I have a blast doing it and have made enough money so that I'm to the point of 50% commission on what I sell.

I take orders for the products and collect the money and when I order, my cost is half of the retail cost of the item. Also the company runs specials on things so at times my commission is higher then 50%.

My biggest party so far, was $3000.00 (1500 in commission). Plus, when you have your own company, you get tax benefits as well.

If you're interested, message me privately and I'll send you the info and the website. (Yes, if you decide to do it, it would help me as well if you sign up with me.)

I thank you for the offer, but i would prolly have to shave my mustache and beard in order to take up that line of work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

please dont let the thread end here any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated

Kokopelli
04-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Not at all ;) We have Party Pals as well...and they have been quite successful!

utenutter
05-14-2007, 03:10 AM
has anyone tried these work from home on the net jobs at all? if you have is it true about how much money you can make?

TERIOD
05-14-2007, 11:00 AM
ive tried a couple to see if they went anywhere,DONT DO IT,like mnjodette says they mostly scams, especially the polls and surveys,

hmm wondering if theres any money to made investingating these companies?????? :roll:

chichibug
05-14-2007, 11:07 AM
I would LOVE to find something that I can do--working from home. I have my second daughter leaving for college in a few months, and I hate leaving the burden of paying for that singly on my husband (who isn't bio dad, but is planning on adopting them). I keep thinking I can find a job, but each time I try, I get sick, or need surgery. I think God is trying to tell me something.

What does grant-writing entail? I am pretty good at writing (my lawyer wanted me to work for him, writing legal declarations and documentation)...

I wouldn't know the first step in trying to find out 'who' and 'how'...

Thanks,
Kristin

ewillies
04-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Most of the work from home programs are scams. Look for an answering service that will redirect calls to you.

Saysusie
04-02-2009, 01:58 PM
I agree about the work at home offers being mostly scams and especially the survey jobs!!

Good idea about answering service! I'll pass that one on!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Grime
04-03-2009, 09:07 AM
I keep telling Lisa that she should sell her bags. She makes a ladies bag that I call slut bags. They are pronounced close that what I call them and I don't know how to spell what she calls them. Any way the are a patch work bag.

Yesterday she could have sold a bunch of the to ladies at the VA. One lady went on and on about where she got it and when she learned that Lisa made them she told Lisa she would buy one right now.

If you know how to sew this would be a good home business.