PDA

View Full Version : Sweating!!!! (i know its gross)

3boys4me
12-02-2006, 08:35 AM
My name is Erin. I am a 29 year old mom of 3 boys. I was just diagnosed about 3 months ago but have been having syptoms for a couple years now. I am currently taking Cymbalta, Prednisone 20mg, tramadol, benadryl,BCP,Omega-3,multi-vitamins, and tagament.
I have noticed lately that I am sweating profusely!
It is so gross!
I will all of a sudden be dripping with sweat. Especially my hairline, neck, chest!
Thanks for any help! :roll: :roll:

Quickmelt
12-08-2006, 07:04 AM
Hi!
I don't know if I can provide help for you but just wanna share.. I was diagnosed with Lupus five years ago and have been in steriods since then and I do experience excessive sweating especially in my face. I didn't do anything about it but eventually my sweating is lesser nowadays. Just avoid the sun and if you can't, wear a lot of sunblock and hats :)

Saysusie
12-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi Erin;
One of the less frequent side effects of prednisone is increased sweating. It is one of the minor side effects (meaning, it does not require a doctor's immediate attention). It feels as if you are having menopause sweats without the extreme body heat. I use corn starch with baby powder all over my body to help absorb some of the sweat and it can also help in reducing odors. I also keep baby wipes with me to wipe down when I have sweated a bit too much. It is both cooling and cleansing!!
I hope this helps :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

val
12-09-2006, 02:34 PM
I am on steroids-only 5mg now but I have dreadful sweats too. Mine don't start till about 4pm then go on all evening and night.
Val

mnjodette
12-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Yeah, I thought I was finished with 'hot flashes' but the Lupus has created a whole different kind of 'sweating.' You have my sympathy! It seems to help me if I sip cool water when these hot spells occur. I always keep some nearby. I also try to dress in layers, so I can take off the top layer (and then put it back on after I cool down!)

Jody

MARYCAIN
12-10-2006, 09:22 AM
I keep a little battery operated fan in the office in case I need to cool off before meeting a client. I also like the Shower to Shower line of body powder - some of the scents come in little travel sizes that fit in your purse or bag. If your hair is sweaty or wet, you can also sprinkle a little of the powder on your hair and brush through for an emergency touch-up. The travel sizes of baby wipes with aloe are handy for cooling and wiping off the sweat. The Burts Bees products (available in most health food stores and drugstores) have a line of "complexion mists" that you can mist right onto your skin - I keep mine in the refrigerator so they are nice and cool, and mist myself down when I first start getting too hot. I also love my "chillow" - it's a little thing you put inside your pillow case so your pillow stays cool - it really helps with the night sweats. And natural fibers like cotton "breathe" more than synthetic fabrics like polyester or nylon - so you might also look at what fabrics you're wearing and the fabric in your sheets.

kkgadro
12-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Yup! Prednisone. Don't ya love it? I get the nite sweats from it. I also sweat more than usual in the summer. I never really sweat before even though I live in the south. Soon as I started taking Pred. I noticed the sweat would drip into my eyes. When I stop the Pred. All symptoms of sweating goes away.

Milagro
01-14-2007, 11:41 AM
It starts in the late afternoon and I sweat till morning. I wake up in the night and my hair is wet (all around the hairline mostly) and I have to turn over my pillow or grab a new one (I keep 3 handy so I can rotate up to 6 sides at night!).

I used to be able to get away with fewer showers and fewer shampoos... not anymore.

BTW, I have experience hot flashes and night sweats and this isn't the same.