PDA

View Full Version : Lupus Gala in NYC December 4th

GlassHalfFull
11-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Hey -- just curious. Someone I know invited me to join their table as a guest. I haven't seen the invitation yet -- but I assume I'm still on to go. Anyone else here going? Would be interesting to put more faces to the name

I used to do a lot of these things (but not for Lupus) when I was in my late 20s and early 30s. It's great fun and really rewarding to raise money for worthy causes. It's kind of like dressing up for prom -- but with (usually) nicer dresses.

Hey St. James -- aren't you in NYC? Do you do anything with the group there? What are they like? If/When I get myself organized to move back (from the Midwest) -- I'm assuming I get involved with it...

Saysusie
11-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you. Please let us know how it was!

Saysusie

Missy
11-29-2006, 08:56 PM
That would be so much fun if I were near.

I'm going to the gala/fundraiser for my work next week - I work for a Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Support agency. I know that in Seattle last year a group of people put on a black tie fundraiser that I think would be fun to go to, also.

GlassHalfFull
11-29-2006, 09:17 PM
I bet the forum would love to hear some stories about examples of where your organization has been able to make a real difference!