PDA

View Full Version : Hello I am new from Santa Monica Ca

Kammellia
11-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Hello every one. I am 31 years old and have been living with Lupus for the past 16 years. I am married with a spunky two year old girl. Today I was surfing the web looking for Lupus support groups in My local area when I came upon this message board. at first I was disappointed I could not find any support group in my area except one for seniors. I couldn't understand why there weren't more. Than when I found this message board I was amazed and extremely happy
I will def be using it to talk to others that are living with Lupus like me. I have had a lot of ups and downs in past 16 years, so its nice to have somewhere to go to talk to others dealing with the Lupus.
thank you
kammellia

MARYCAIN
11-14-2006, 07:01 PM
I know you will be a real help to some of the younger members who have just been diagnosed and worry about the future, especially having children! I miss the two year old stage - they are so much fun at that age!

Our wonderful moderator, saysusie, is also from California, and I know she will be along soon to greet you. I hope you feel at home here; it is a very warm and welcoming place.

Saysusie
11-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Hi Kammellia and fellow Southern Californian :lol:
Welcome to our forum where, as you've already seen, everyone here is very supportive, understanding, comforting and informative. This is the place where you can always express your concerns, fears, frustrations or just listen and learn. We hope that we can provide you with answers to your questions and that we are able to alleviate some of your fears.
I am happy that you found us :D

Once Again...Welcome
Saysusie

peach224
11-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi Kammellia.

I live in Camarillo, just North of you and we are about the same age (I am 33). I have two children, age 9 and 11. I work in L.A. county at a law firm. I was diagnosed in June with Lupus after an 18 month struggle and several mis-diagnoses. They have since added Reynaud's, Fibromyalgia and Sjogren's Syndrome to the list. I certainly understand the struggles of parenthood and ups and downs of living with this condition.

I too am disappointed with the lack of support groups in the area. I have tried to contact the American Lupus Foundation which is supposed to have it's headquarters here in Ventura County but the numbers are either disconnected or lead to a fax machine. The one support group number I did find meets only on Tuesdays, during the day, far from my home. The DMV suspended my license in March of this year and I have been unable to convince the Court to give it back.

So, if you want to chat, let me know, anytime.

Kammellia
11-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Hell, I hope your doing well. Are you working since you have been diagnosed w/lupus. I know its hard but with support of family and friends you can get through. Your a new be so you should get as much of support you need. When I was diagnosed I was a child at 14 years old it was really hard on me it took me a couple years to accept it. How are your children dealing with it? My child is took young to understand right know.

Try this website out you might find a support group in your area.

http://www.lupusca.org/