PDA

View Full Version : fentanyl

carolfer
11-10-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi i hope you are all feeling good this morning. please can anyone let me know if you have or are taking FENTANYL patches or lollypops for your unbearable pain. carolferxxx

MARYCAIN
11-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Brand name of the ones I use is Duragesic - I use a 100 mcg patch and and a 25 at the same time - I also have the Actiq "lollipops" for breakthrough pain, and short-acting oral morphine for the times when the patches wear off before it's time to change them. I took oxycontin and demerol for a long time but most pharmacies around here stopped carrying them for fear of being robbed. The fentanyl patches work well for me but I still have some problems with breakthrough pain. The fentnyl does seem to do much for nerve pain, so I have other medications for that.

littlered
11-10-2006, 06:35 PM
my doc has me on oxycontin (very low dose) and tylenol 3 for breakthrough pain. Yes, it helps, but I do worry. I NEVER exceed the dosage, and if there's too much breakthrough, somethng's wrong. ( I hate the tylenol 3, as it messes me up so bad I can't even read.)sometimes I think if people knew how many meds I was taking, they'd think I was an addict or something. I carry around a list at all times of what meds I am taking, how long I've been taking it, who prescribed it, why, and the dosage. Makes it esier when going to see a new doctor or at the ER>