PDA

View Full Version : Too many headaches

Morpheus
11-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Hi all, nearly every second day i expereience a headache.It is always on the left side of my head, and it feels like a belt is being pulled around it.
At times i feel i can feel it pulsating, it is rather painfull.
I don;t know if it is a tension headache, a migraine,or caused by lupus.

Anyone experiencing these problems, please help :(

MARYCAIN
11-08-2006, 01:52 PM
It's good to see you posting again. Headaches in lupus can be complicated because they can be caused by different things, including some of the medications precribed for lupus. In addition to pain, often on one side of the head, a migraine headache can cause visual disturbances, nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound, and even temporary stroke like symptoms. A lupus migraine can last for days and sometimes doesn't respond to anything except steroids. Fatigue, lack of sleep, stress, and fibromyalgia can all cause tension-type headaches. It is important to let your doctor know about any headaches you develop, as headaches are sometimes a symptom of CNS lupus. Lupus can also cause inflammation of the blood vessels - which can present as pain in your temple, or a pulsing, throbbing pain. Dental problems can also cause headache. With so many things going on, it's easy to shrug off new symptoms as just part of lupus, but you should always let your doctor know about any changes in your symptoms as soon as you can.

KayCee31614
11-08-2006, 02:26 PM
I get very severe headaches sometimes. My doctor perscribed Imitrex for them, but that does not really work to well for me. I usually just suffer with them. I can not but help and think that they are due to the Lupus. I get very bad headaches if I am out in the sun for very long at all. I am very sun sensitive as this is a part of my Lupus symptoms. I have SLE and have had it for most of my life. I ended up losing all of my teeth in my early 30's due to Sjogrens and Lupus, because I could not get any doctor to listen to me and I did not get dx until I was 36 years old when I was extremely sick from the Lupus. I can not help but think that a lot of the headaches that those of us who have Lupus get are Lupus related.

Hugs,
Kathleen