PDA

View Full Version : A Newbie from Australia

koalasassypants
11-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm Michelle and I live in Mount Barker in South Australia. I was diagnosed with SLE in late 1999. I'm on a mixture of drugs that mean I can get out of bed every morning and function reasonably like a normal human being.
I'm just basically looking for a group of people with SLE to chat with because then you will all know what I'm talking about when I say that I find it hard to get up every day!!
Look forward to chatting with you all.
from
Michelle :)

Saysusie
11-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Hi Michelle :lol:
Welcome to our family where you will most certainly be amongst people who know what you mean when you say that it is hard to get up everyday!
You will find that the people here are very supportive and understanding! I am glad that you are here and I hope that you join us often!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

MARYCAIN
11-07-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm incredibly envious of where you live - Australia is one country I definitely wanted to visit - unfortunately lupus put a stop to my long distance flying before I ever got the chance to go. So I hope you can share some pictures with us. I have always adored koalas, but seeing them in a zoo just isn't the same as seeing them in the wild.

I hope you find this forum to be a warm and friendly place - welcome!

koalasassypants
11-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Hi Marycain and Saysusie,
I've been looking for a Lupus group for years on the internet and only stumbled over this one last weekend, must say I'm glad to be here.

I would love to share photo's with you but am not sure how to do it. will have to play around on the website a bit more over the weekend to work things out.

Michelle :wink:

MARYCAIN
11-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi, Michelle - if you look in Lauri's Lounge section of the forum, you will find a post about how to do pictures. I'm not very technical but managed to do it, so I'm sure you will be able to also.

littlered
11-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Welcome! this site has been an absolute Godsend for me, as I am sure it will be for you. I've gotten so much help and knowlege and support---some of it, I think, may have saved my life. sure has saved my heart. This is the ONLY place where I feel safe to vent, ask questions, and even (sometimes) give advice bout dealing with the Lupus monster. You'll love it here. I do! :)

rockinrobin
11-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi, it's rockinrobin and I just like to thank you for taking the time to drop a line on my posting. I really have not spoken to many others that are living with lupus and I too thought this forum would be a good opportunity to normalize some of the physical and emotional feelings that occur on a day to day basis.

Yes, I remain healthy and am very thankful for that, but there are days when I'm just a bit more tired or unplugged, or can't seem to get the toothpaste cap screwed on just so because my fingers are swollen, or just would prefer to lie on the floor doing a face plant because it feels like the place I need to be for awhile even though my children are pleading with me to play.

It's hard to explain that to people who don't live it, they may have empathy but they really don't get it. Anyway, I blather on and my pity party is done. My intention was just to reach out and say hey to a fellow SLE trooper!

Saysusie
11-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Rockinrobin;
The good thing about this site is that EVERYONE understands perfectly each thing that you described :lol:
We have all, at some point, "Been There - Done That!" Especially the part about preferring to lie on the floor doing a face plant - oh have I "been there..done that!"

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

missdeb
11-25-2006, 08:55 AM
And I also know about looking at the floor after being fully dressed and ready for work and wishing I could do a face plant! Welcome to you! As you see we all know exactly what you are talking about.

mnjodette
11-26-2006, 02:17 PM
It's an amazing and wonderful thing to share an experience with people from all over the world..even if the experience is an illness! Welcome, Michelle. I haven't been a member for very long, but when I need answers (or support) this is one place I know I can count on. I also have a local support group, which gives me some great face-to-face conversation. The combination of the two is awesome. I don't know how I would cope without it! I know you'll find the Board a great comfort and a source of info that would be hard to come by any other place.

Jody

blainedude06
11-27-2006, 08:04 PM
hey, its brandon. i also would like to add that yes i know what u mean about the tiredness, i was just diagnosed a week ago but have always been the guy out of my friends that is always tired. so i am now trying to get 8-10 hours which will be hard with the college lifestyle
(im 19) so we will see how that goes. but hopefuly someone can tell me what kind of weightlifting supplements would be good for me to use with the lupus because i love to workout and dont always have the energy so i dont know if Nitrous Oxide would be good for me, i guess i dont know what mixes good with my plaquenil and pretinazone so let me know! thanks everyone for the warm welcome kind of from 2 of you! lol