PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! Just want the pain to go away!

hooversmom
11-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Having a very bad flare. feel like run over by a truck. Muscles in legs and arms, and hands are very sore. I am made of cement - no energy and its an effort to move. Depo medrol IM by Rheumy today. I'm so sick of being in pain. I'm on Tramadol, Prednisone, Etodolac, Plaquenil, and Cymbalta. Thanks for listening,

MARYCAIN
11-01-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm sorry you are feeling so rough - maybe you can talk to your doctor about increasing your pain meds.

I don't remember from your earlier posts whether or not you have fibromyalgia, but if you do, prednisone or other steroids can make it worse. So if the depo-medrol doesn't help, the flare might actually be fibro rather than lupus, A lot of lupus patients also have fibromyalgia, and it can flare up severely during steroid treatment.

Is there anyone to help you with child care until you're feeling better? It sounds like you need to crash for a couple of days,

hooversmom
11-01-2006, 06:53 PM
No such luck, have to be in Denver for 2 days for business meetings

kkgadro
12-12-2006, 02:38 PM
I have learned that some meds work on some people but not others. My DR prescribed ultracet for pain. It does not take all the pain away but it really helps me to be able to walk and move a little. It makes the pain tolerable. It is nonnarcotic so you dont feel all foggy.