PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO POST PICTURES

stjames13
10-30-2006, 07:33 AM
8)
KATHLEEN AND OTHERS WHO HAVE ASKED HOW TO POST PICTURES ON FORUMS AND OTHER PLACES ON THE NET.

IT is very easy....
1........FIRST you must have you pics posted on a server somewhere not just on your computer so go to www.photobucket.com and sign in and create an account

2.......Once you have done that it's real easy you'll see the instructions but I will explain it so it's even easier......you'll see an area that asks you to NAME the SCRAPBOOK or whatever name they use....so you put in CATS or ANIMALS or whatever you want.
You can make as many as ya want or just have on big booklet so to speak that will show all your pics

3......Now you will see where it says BROWSE....CLICK ON BROWSE and it will open wherever you keep your pics or you can direct it to where they are....possibly on a seperate HARD DRIVE.

4 Click on the pic you want...and it's name will apear on the DOWNLOAD AREA......you will see a small pull down menu that says OPTIONS, open that and click on the part that says MESSGAE BOARD SIZE OR EMAIL SIZE this way the pics are not 8x10's and take up way to much space on a messgae board....
I usually use the message board size or email size
Once you have a pic loaded in the area next to where it says BROWSE and you have chosen the size click on UPLOAD....it will take only about 30 seconds to a minute....if you fail at first you may wanna read some of the directions they give you as your pic may be the wrong format and re-try.

5...... If all went correctly you will see your pic come up below along with 3 lines of numbers...the ONLY ONE you need to be concerned with is the TOP one that says URL

6...So now let's say you wan to post a pic here at LUPUS TALK.....and you have the LUPUS PAGE OPEN.......AFter you have written what you wanted to and are ready to add your pic......where it says MESSAGE BODY above the POST BOX where you see the letters B.i u QUOTE CODE LIST ETC....
HIT THE" [IMG]" button and then hit on top of your page the - to put this page on the bottom and then open another page for INTERNET EXPLORER and go to PHOTOBUCKET...and Log in

7...Once you are logged in go to the pic you want and holding down your cursor as to highlight something do that and go over the part on top of the pic you have chosen and HIGHLIGHT THE COMPELETE URL address after you have done that HIT CONTROL C......then once again click the -- on the top of that page to put it on the bottom and THEN RE-open the LUPUS page that has been sitting down on the bottom of your page.
Once your LUPUS POST page is back up and you have already hit [IMG] once
Click your cursor right next to the [IMG] and THEN hit CONTROL V and your URL address will appear for that pic......then hit [IMG] once again .
(note the img and adddress's doN OT all have to be on one line)

This should have loaded your pic....to make sure it works hit PREVIEW AND YOU should see your pic in the message box along with your message. Give it a few seconds to load the pic/

If it does not show up check to be sure you did this correctly and try again.

It all sounds very difficult but trust me if I was able to do it ANYONE CAN :wink: as I am a COMPUTER MORON !!!!! :lol: :shock: 8)

If you do all that and still it will not work leave me a message and I will try to help you out all I can.....but be sure to read the instructions at PHOTOBUCKET first and that will explain alot and make things alot easier for you to post pics.

HOPE THAT DOES IT FOR YA"LL AND NOW WE CAN SEE EACH AND ALL OF YOU LOVELY LADIES AND YOUR PRECIOUS CATS AND DOGGIES !!!!!

STJAMES 8) :wink:

KayCee31614
10-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Ok James,
I am going to try to post a picture of my little cat Biscuit. http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o143/KayCee31614/000_0121.jpg

Wow this is so cool, but how do you make it smaller? I think this is so neat. Thank you so much for teaching us how to post pictures.
Hugs,
Kathleen

lupusgirlstefanie
10-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Great post i"ve always wondered how to do it lets see if it works.

Here is my little kitten of my dreams this is the type of cat I want when I move out.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r31/stefanieleale/White1.jpg

KayCee31614
10-30-2006, 03:30 PM
That is a beautiful picture.
Kathleen

stjames13
10-31-2006, 05:28 AM
8)
SEE I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT !!!!

IF you want to make the pics smaller where that pull down menu was to pick the size of the pic just pic a smaller size !!!!!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l248/Psychobillyblues/WendyJo4.jpg

Here's a pic of me playing a Guitar given to me by BB KING when I once played with his band.....but LUPUS put an end to that.

I named the guitar WENDY JO after my wife as she was a RED HEAD when we met some 26 years ago and this is the ONLY red
80 th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION GUITAR MADE FOR BB.......

I can no longer stand and play due to my broken back and the rate it is all deteriorating......but I still play I HAVE TO IT IS MY RELEASE from all the STRESS this disease can put on you.

I did this for a living until LUPUS and other problems TOOK IT ALL AWAY, then I relised that I play for myself and to let out my emotional baggage, so though I do not go on stages anymore I am and always willbe a musician and look forward to the day I can stand on a stage and entertain people with THE SWEET SOUND OF THE BLUES ONCE AGAIN !!!!

STJAMES 8)

stjames13
10-31-2006, 05:46 AM
8) Here is the LAST pic of me and my gorgeous wife just prior to having MY WORLD FALL APART.

WE got back stage passes to see ROXY MUSIC and front row seats from my old record company.

A few weeks later I would have my first of 2 heart attacks, within another month my neck would collapse and within the next month after that MY back would begin to just fall apart..with vertabrae breaking....it all had something to do with the MASS of my bone not being up to par.

I was already diagnosed with LUPUS and had survived LIVER CANCER, but this was the LAST time I was caught in a picture without a cane, walker or wheelchair.

I miss living in NY but due to everything I must deal with I need to be close to those who can help me when I need HELP !!!!!

Somethiing about this picture makes me feel alive when I look at it though I was in a relaspse at the time and quite sick.

I had already learned by then to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ANY CHANCE YOU HAVE TO ENJOY LIFE NO MATER WHAT YOU MUST GO THROUGH TO HAVE FUN.

FOR WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES SUFFERING....OUR HUSBANDS AND WIVES LIIVES SUFFER DUE T O OUR SICKNESS"S AS WELL.

AND THEY TOO FEEL BAD FOR THEY WANT TO FIX US, BUT ALAS THEY CAN NOT......SO WE MUST DO OUR BEST TO LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY ARE MAKING IT EASIER FOR US TO GET BY and DEAL WITH OUR PROBLEMS.

IMAGINE HOW DEFENSELESS THEY FEEL?????

I love looking at this for my wife seems so happy and we had just found put that my liver cancer was in remission , but soon our bubble was about to BURST......SO remember the GOOD TIMES LIKE THIS ONE for they will get you through the BAD times !!!!!

STJAMES

Is it me or is my wife and ANGEL ?????
I love her so and it is that LOVE that keeps me fighting to see the beauty in all I can and to appreciate her even more if that's possible.

STJAMES

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l248/Psychobillyblues/nyc.jpg

KayCee31614
10-31-2006, 06:22 AM
Hi James,
The picture of you with the guitar is nice. I also like the picture of you and your wife. You are two nice looking folks.
I feel bad that you have had to go through so much with this Lupus nightmare.
I am 47 and the past couple of years have been really rough for me big time. I had a steady factory job when my back started acting up big time. It got so bad that by the time I would get off of work, I could hardly walk. I could not imagine what in the world was wrong, I had never had problems with my back like this before in my life. Well I found out that I have severe Osteo-Arthritis in my spine, Degenerative Disc Disease, a totally flat disc and a herniated disc. I have terrible pain down my legs and man it makes it hard to sleep at night or to stand etc. It is unreal. The spinal surgeon said that I am not a surgical candidate due to the Lupus and that it is not severe enough to get disability. I have no idea what I am going to do. There is no way that I can work with this going on. Oh well I will send you a pm concerning my disability nightmare after this post and maybe somehow you can help me.
Oh I am going to post a picture of me.
Hugs, Kathleen

I had to put a picture of me with my daughter, Marie. I could not find one of my husband. Hugs, Kathleen

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o143/KayCee31614/000_0017.jpg

MARYCAIN
10-31-2006, 08:13 AM
I am so completely envious that you actually got to play with BB King! That would be like performing with ELvis - wow. I knew you were a musician but I had no idea you played in the big leagues. Your wife is beautiful - I can totally envision her as a redhead - with those high cheekbones she would be striking no matter what her hair color is. The red guitar is also a treasure - I hope you have her insured! Do you play kind of a single-note style like BB? I'm not that familiar with the blues style, but I've always loved the way he makes every single note cry. Other than dobro, the bluegrass instruments are mostly acoustic.

Have you ever tried the dobro or the steel guitar - at least you can play them seated more easily

MARYCAIN
10-31-2006, 12:11 PM
And the lake is gorgeous this time of year - wish you guys could join me!

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/marycain_photo/barclay.jpg

KayCee31614
10-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Wow I am very jealous. That is a beautiful picture big time. Hmmm think I will pack my bags and go up there lol. Seriously it is a beautiful picture with pretty fall colors.

Oh and Happy Halloween.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o143/KayCee31614/ghost_4.gif

Kathleen

MARYCAIN
10-31-2006, 01:33 PM
Thank my brother JD - I'm not good at taking pictures anymore - my vision is too screwy - but he's really good so if I want a good picture I make him take it! I tried to get some pictures of the kitties but they are camera shy - every time I think I'm going to get a really good shot, they start licking their tails or something! MissKitty is a blue-eyed Himmie mix and her eyes always turn out red - KK (Kamikaze Kitten) is solid white with gold eyes. KK got her name from her habit of leaping to the top of the windows and walking along the curtain rods - how she keeps her balance is beyond me. MissKitty tries to steal my computer mouse - I guess she thinks it would make a good toy.

Quarterhorsegal
11-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Trying to put some of my 'babies'here. Wish me luck.

http://mysite.verizon.net/nickbjohnson/crew.JPG

http://mysite.verizon.net/nickbjohnson/bbop.JPG

The black and white paints are my yearling boys Bandit and Breeze. The big red dunn is my husband's gelding Red. The grullo mare is my riding mare Spring. The pony, Baby Bop, belongs to my 3 year old.

MARYCAIN
11-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Your four footed babies are lovely. The mare is beautiful. Kentucky is horse country, but most of the quarter horses around here are working horses rather than riding. I've never seen the grulla color in a mare- most folks around here call it blue dun. I couldn't tell from the picture whether she has any barring. I have to admit I'm partial to the paints - I've always loved them although we've never had one. I gave up both my horses after I couldn't ride any more, but I still miss them. American saddlebreds are probably the most popular riding horses in this area, but I love the Kentucky mountain horses - they have the smoothest gait you can imagine. I'm glad you are still able to enjoy riding - it's one of the things i miss most.

KayCee31614
11-08-2006, 02:33 AM
I think your horses are very beautiful. These are nice pictures for sure.

Hugs,
Kathleen

psalm 56 3
11-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Wow I love looking at all the pictures! It is great to be able to put a face with some of you. The pets are adorable, all of them. Marycain I am so jealous of your lake.

littlered
11-13-2006, 11:35 PM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/littlered_015/Kathy-2.jpg
this was me back in July. I *loved* my hair, but am getting used to my new shaved head look (completely shaved it this weekend) It looks sooo clean and modern. With makeup on, I even think it's sorta sexy and I'm getting not shy about going out without scarves on! I will take after pics this weekend so you can see the "bald" me--love Kathy

littlered
11-13-2006, 11:46 PM
well. darn. it didn't work. I got them into the photobucket, but I can't load it onto the post. I'll try to post in my profile at least, maybe it will work there. If not dear StJames, I may need your expert help!
I will download pics of my dear doggy babies so y'all can see them. I can't wait til the babies come! With their characteristic big noses, they look like cute little piggies! :?

KayCee31614
11-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Kathy,
If you want to post from your photo bucket site, open a new window or tab depending on your browser that you are using. When you see the picture that you want to put into your message, right click on the option of image found at the bottem of the picture and click copy, then go to your post and in your post click paste and it will put the picture in there when you hit post. It should work without any problems.

Hugs,
Kathleen
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o143/KayCee31614/goodlkdoggysm.jpg

stjames13
11-14-2006, 09:26 AM
8) LIL RED

SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH THE PICS YOU WANT POSTED AND I WILL POST THEM FOR YOU AND OPEN YOU AN ACCOUNT AT PHOTOBUCKET AND GET IT ALL SET UP AND EMAIL YOU BACK THE INSTRUCTIONS OK???

I'll open it under you name lilred and I'll pick a PW that you can change if ya like......then I will email you all the info and how to post them and how to use the options part !!!!!

JUST DO ME ONE FAVOR..in the SUBJECT HEADER let me now it's you from the LUPUS BOARD as I also moderate 2 other boards.

I PROMISE I"LL GET YA UP AND RUNNNING !!!!

BLESS YOU

STJAMES 8) :wink: