PDA

View Full Version : Fed up!

atedj
10-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Hey everyone.
Just need to vent. Things have been really difficult this weekend. My husband is in the Army and apparently a grenade launcher was stolen. They called everyone in for "Lock Down", meaning they are being held prisoner until it is found. Legally they can hold them for 30 days straight.
It is really bad timing because as soon as he left on Friday, my two kids and I got sick with the flu. I'm pregnant, just getting over morning sickness, and still in a flair. Yesterday I went in to the ER for a really high fever of almost 105 and was told to come back in today because I might have pneumonia. They couldn't do imaging of my lungs since I'm pregnant and thought they heard something. So I'm about to go again to the ER.
Sorry to rant and rave. I'm just so frustrated because I'm all alone sick with two kids, 3 and 2 years old, sick also. My husband is REALLY frustrated he can't help. At least his sergeant is allowing me to communicate through him to let him know what's going on since he knows I have Lupus, am pregnant and very sick.
Please everyone pray that they find this grenade launcher soon. I don't think I can live through 30 days on my own. Thanks for letting me take a load off my shoulders!

KayCee31614
10-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Wow, I am sorry to hear that you are going through this. Good Lord, I hope that they find that launcher. I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs, Kathleen

MARYCAIN
10-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Oh, sweetie - talk about the worst possible timing. Is there anyone to help you take care of the little ones? If you live close to the base, call the chaplains office or the family assistance officer - they may be able to arrange a short hardship leave despite the lockdown. Or if nothing else, arrange for someone to help you in the meantime.

I am hoping this is not pneumonia, but whatever it is, take care of yourself - the stress isn't good for you or the baby. You will definitely be in my prayers today.

lupusgirlstefanie
10-30-2006, 01:08 PM
I will keep you in my prayers, i know it seems that when it rains it pours. I agree you should try calling the base to see if at the very least they can arragnge for someone to help you.
do you have family near by?

I hope everything works out for you and please take care of yourself, rest as much as you can

take care

peach224
10-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Your husband's command should have an ombudsman or a family support group liasion that you should be able to call that could help with child care arrangements or even a ride to the doctor/hospital. If you don't have the information, your husband's commanding officer should have it and be able to relay it to you. In this situation, however, I believe that you need your husband and I strongly suggest you go straight to the chaplain and cry your heart out and make it sound good. Chaplains have enormous power and I normally wouldn't advocate using it, but this is serious. If you have to be admitted to the hospital, your children will need full time care and that could get expensive, and that is if you could find someone to do it. It is against military regulations, if you live in military/government housing, to have someone watch your children for more than ten hours in one week if they do not have a childcare license.

Let me know if you need help and I will see what I can do. I have been where you are.

Take care.

- Peach (15 year military wife)
peach224@hotmail.com

MARYCAIN
10-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Is your husband stationed at Fort Lewis? If so, here's the link for all the emergency and spousal assistance numbers including a new parents support group. If you have no luck going through the chaplain, maybe they can help.

www.bragg.army.mil/satmo/lewisqa.html#spouses

atedj
10-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks so much guys for all the support! Your prayers helped because my husband just called saying that someone HAD stolen the grenade launcher and it was recovered. So he'll be home soon, thank goodness.
Turns out I don't have pneumonia afterall. I don't have family around, but was able to call on people from church and another military wife to help with the kids this weekend. And like some of you said, I had contacted the family help groups here, but hadn't had anyone return my calls (the leadership is lousy!). I'm just glad that it didn't last longer than it did. I still can't believe someone had the nerve to steal from the U.S. Army!
Anyway, thanks again. It's nice to know there are people out there who care so much! :D

KayCee31614
10-31-2006, 03:05 AM
I am glad to hear that they found the grenade launcher. Even the military unfortunately lets the thieves enlist and don't know that they are theives until something like this happens. I hope that prosecute the offender to the fullest. I am glad that your husband will now be able to come home. Hugs, Kathleen

Razzleberry
11-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Next time something like that happens call the Red Cross ....they can get things moving for you :-)