PDA

View Full Version : Beautifulbeluga update

Razzleberry
10-24-2006, 03:17 PM
HI everyone,

Beautifulbeluga asked me to update everyone on her situation. I just had an email from her and she has not been doing well at all. Her lupus is flaring and her knee surgery has caused her more trouble than anticipated. She wanted to let you all know that she's ok tho and will post as soon as she's able. In the meantime let's all keep her in our thoughts.

Tread water beautiful beluga, tread water! :D

MARYCAIN
10-24-2006, 03:26 PM
I was worried we hadn't heard from here - will definitely be keeping her in my prayers.

St.James is also ill and could also use a few prayers.

littlered
10-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Will pray for both...wish I could send 'em some Pumpkin Soup with zucchini bread, that'd make em well.

MARYCAIN
10-25-2006, 10:35 AM
I wish you could send me some zucchini bread too! i love it! especially if it has black walnuts in it - yum! I'm getting hungry. We're having black bean burgers and yukon gold "fries" tonight, and I just baked macadamia nut cookies for the boys, but the pumpkin soup and zucchini bread sound so good, I might have to show up at your door instead!

littlered
10-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Come on over! You're a favorite of mine, you know that! It's been frozen from when I made it before...I don't remember that affecting it much. Gonna garnish it with sour cream and chives.
The way you and I cook, we GOTTA get together sometime! *hugs*
Hoping to get back to work on my book tonight....I left off during hospital stay, but a book doesn't get written that day. I reserve 8=9 PM for writing, and try to write a page a day. It'll be interesting trying to get into Raynell's head after being out of it for so long!

MARYCAIN
10-25-2006, 02:21 PM
My mom used to say I was born talking, and she started teaching me to cook before I learned to ride a bike. I won my first ribbon at the Alabama State Fair when I was eight, for a buttermilk lemon pound cake. Southern cooking may not always be healthy, but it's always good!

I think you'd love some of the barbeque joints here - it's a lot different from Texas style, but good. I'm always fascinated by the differences in cooking and food culture - I spent a couple of years teaching in northern Indiana and had severe Southern food withdrawal - no hot biscuits and gravy, no cornbread, no hush puppies - it was awful! My mom had to send me care packages of Martha White cornmeal because it was not available in any store. It was equally hard to find "sweet tea" in any restaurant - another culture shock for a Bama girl.

I am SO impressed that you are writing a book - a novel? Can you share details or is it too early? Whatever the subject, I know the book will be as creative and inspiring as you are.