PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Everyone!!

marti000
10-17-2003, 08:36 AM
Hi, I was just diagnosed about a month ago with Systemic lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome. I am 31 and live in Atlanta. I do not know anyone with Lupus, nor did I know anything about the disease at first. I just wanted to say hi, and maybe make some on-line friends to bounce things off of. I have been reading the posts, and they are amazingly informative. So thanks to all you guys out there and hello.

:wink: Sarah

Saysusie
10-20-2003, 07:12 AM
Sarah;
Hello and welcome to our site :lol: I hope that we can be your friend and be of some help to you!
I find it interesting that LUPUS never seems to travel alone...it always seems to want to come upon us with a companion, like Sjorgen's Syndrome or Fibromyalgia or Multiple Slcerosis or Pericarditis or Pulmonary Hypertension or Raynaud's Syndrome......the list could go on and on!
How are you managing your disease? I hope that you are not suffering frequent or painful flares! What medications are you taking?
Please feel free to write to us about anything...we are here to help and support you!
Take Care and again....Welcome
Saysusie

JenHa55
10-20-2003, 09:52 PM
Hi,

I was diagnosed 9 years ago but discover new things about the disease every day. I am 27 years old - sometimes I feel like I'm 80 years old but none-the-less, I am 27!

Best of luck with your disease and I highly recommend you keep visiting this site - I really like it and it helps! I also suggest joining your local Lupus organization and meet people and get involved. I will always be thankful for my local Lupus organization.

We are all here for each other.

marti000
10-21-2003, 09:15 PM
Saysusie,
Thanks for the reply. It has been a bit difficult to adjust to the limitations and just being so tired all the time. I am taking 15 mg of prednisone a day, 400mg of Hydroxychloroquine, 75 mg of Diclofenac, and then my thyroid is off as well so I am taking Synthroid. So that is where I am right now. I like I am sure everyone else has good days and bad, but I am doing ok.
I am concerned however, b/c my partner just got offered a promotion in Chicago, and although I am sure I can find a new job there, I am concerned about my health insurance and benefits and how long that might take to kick in, plus the stress of moving and what not, so that is weighing heavily on my mind right now. But it is nice to have a forum to put things out there.
Thank you for listening.
Sarah :wink: