PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

luvmods
10-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site, although I have already posted some. I have had Lupus for 20 years now. It developed after I had my son. I then had my daughter a few years later, with not a whole lot of complications, just alot of time!!!! I then had an eptopic pregnancy. I went into remisssion for about 12 years, until a year ago when I found out that I now suffer from Lupus kidney and have alot of protien in my urine. I have had kidney and Bone biopsys along with all the other tests that come with this disease. I'm on CellCept, Prednisone, Bumex, Altace, Adalat, Levoxyl, Prevaciad, and I think that is it....lol!!! I for the most part feel ok, but I do have those days and my family say that I can be hard to live with with the mood swings. My Dr. keeps a good eye on my numbers (which look like they are going up, hopefully and not gonna steady out). I had Raynaud's in my fingers about 3 - 4 years ago and decided to stop smoking and it pretty much went away too. I don't suffer with the rash. Lupus has pretty much affected my organs. I go through the day to day joint pains, but once you have had it long enough it just seems like another day, even though it gets annoying and you just want to cry.
I want to Thank everyone in advance that gives me advice and that I can also give it back. Good Luck to all of you in your battle with Lupus and always hold your head high and remember that even though you hurt or don'[t feel good that you are still on this earth and you have loved ones that love and support you!!!

Saysusie
10-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Hi Luvmods :lol:
Welcome to our family. We are happy that you are here. I, too, have suffered with Lupus for 20yrs. I am still in a form of remission and/or what my doctor's call "Mild Lupus". I suffer from joint pain, stiff muscles, extreme fatigue etc. etc. etc (You know the drill!)
You are very lucky to have a doctor who keeps a close watch on you, sometimes having an understanding doctor is the best defense. Also, it sounds as if you have an understanding family who recognizes that your mood swings are a part of the illness and/or a side effect of medication - but not and indication of your sanity :lol:
I hope that you join us often, we are all here to help you and we all understand what you are going through!!

Once again...welcome
Saysusie

luvmods
10-19-2006, 05:41 AM
Thank You for the warm welcome and I will be in here supporting when I can and welcome your support also!!!

ButterflyRN
10-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Welcome luvmods! :lol: