PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin?????

hooversmom
10-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Anyone else in the dairy state??? Do you know of a support group closer than Milwaukee? I feel really isolated. I live in central Wisconsin. All my family and friends are in Calgary Alberta.

sapphirrasmagick
10-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Hi there! I'm in central WI also, about 40 minutes north of Madison.
:D

hatlady
10-15-2006, 04:34 AM
Well, not LOCAL, but a state away - I'm in Northern IL.

I hope you find a group close to you - and know that we're all here for you as well - cyber-friendships can at least offer some support!

hooversmom
10-15-2006, 04:41 PM
hey very cool!

Everyone on the board has been so great! I'm 2 hours north of Madison.

How are you guys coping with the sudden cool spell?

I'm actually feeling pretty good for a change. Overcast days mean I can get some fresh air.

sapphirrasmagick
10-15-2006, 08:15 PM
I do feel like I have a bit more energy on cooler, overcast days, and it's easier on my lungs...I feel like I can breathe so much easier.
I even seem to sleep better, and I love having the shorter days, obviously, because I can get outside earlier and not worry about the rays.
I've always loved Autumn and Winter best...I'm really looking forward to the first big snowfall.
I think alot of the things that go with winter are things that might help someone with Lupus feel better anyway...like soft blankets and socks, mittens and scarves, hot beverages and other soothing, comforting things like that.

:)

hatlady
10-16-2006, 09:00 AM
I love the "coolth" - love bundling in sweatshirts, love my long hot baths on the weekend, love my mocha in the afternoon....

Fall is my favorite season...along with winter, spring, and summer....

akcdoas
10-17-2006, 01:45 PM
I live just out of Madison. Most of my family lives in Eau Claire.
The nearest support group is Milwaukee.

Kelly

stardust
10-17-2006, 02:07 PM
I posted to you yesterday??? it didn't come through?????

maybe, I forgot to hit submit :oops: :oops:

Anyway, I am one state to the east; MI.
In fact, I live in Ludington; home dock for the S.S. Badger (you know the carferry that runs across the lake to Manitowock !!!!!! )

stardust

hooversmom
10-17-2006, 04:19 PM
very cool! My husband and kids are in Ludington 3-4 times per year when they go see his parents in Ontario.

I'm so glad I found this site. I don't feel so alone anymore. I'm a RN and am very reluctant to share with any of my colleages as it just feels too close to home. I hate to be labelled a complainer. No family close other than husband and kids as they are all in Canada.

I really appreciate all of you!!!!

stardust
10-17-2006, 04:46 PM
If you EVER come here, YOU HAVE TO CALL and we can visit :lol: :lol:

stardust

hooversmom
10-17-2006, 06:27 PM
sounds awesome! I'll bring lots of Wisconsin cheese and crackers!

Hugs!

stardust
10-17-2006, 06:52 PM
We have camped a lot in Door County.

Wisconsin is beautiful! just like Mi.

stardust

mnjodette
10-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Wish I could help. I'm a "CheeseHead" myself, from Superior, WI. Right on Lake Superior. I now live across the bay in Minnesota. From Eau Claire south to Madison is one of my favorite drives. :) Some of the prettiest land in the Midwest. I think the Lupus Foundation of Wisconsin website lists only Manitowoc and Wausau as options for you (other than what is in Milwaukee and Southern Wisconsin.) Have you thought about starting a group? I'll bet your rheumatologist could help you do that, with some sponsorship from the hospital in your area. You know there have to be other folks in Eau Claire and the surrounding area who would benefit from that.

Razzleberry
10-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Hatlady ....where in Northern IL?? Anywhere near Crystal Lake?