PDA

View Full Version : A NYONE LIVE NEAR BUFFALO?

MARYCAIN
10-13-2006, 05:50 AM
Just watching news clips of the incrediblly early snowstorm there - unreal! Are all you New York folks okay - power still on? Be careful out there today.

jackie65
10-14-2006, 03:06 AM
Hi, yes it was unreal here yesterday. I was without power for 12 hours. From what I hear that was quick...they are saying it may take days to get everyone back with power. So many trees and wires down made driving near impossible. I had a wire fall from my house onto my car. It was a beautiful winter scene though...and I got out my candles and battery powered radio and enjoyed the quiet day. And of course I had just stocked my freezer the day before...but I got power back before anything in the fridge went bad. We are used to this around here, we usually get some sort of early storn in October, this one was just a little worse than the usual :)
Jackie

mnjodette
10-14-2006, 04:08 AM
Big storm in Minnesota, too, but NOTHING like what Buffalo got. Lot's of strong winds (many trees and branches down on our land) and ice/snow mix on the highways. What a mess! My husband was flying back to Duluth from Dallas and had to be diverted and bussed in from another city - four hours later. Storm has been going on for 3 days now. Too early to start winter...the leaves haven't even been raked yet!