PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURI

Saysusie
10-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Today, my family and I are "Celebrating" the 31st birthday of my angel, Lauri Amber Reinke-Diggs; the reason and motivation for WeHaveLupus.
St. James gave me some beautiful suggestions about how to celebrate this day and I am following through on all of them....Thank You St. James!

I wanted to thank all of you for making this forum, dedicated to Lauri, such a warm, friendly, informative, and welcoming place for members from all over the world. This has become so much more than I had ever dreamed it would be and for that, I am so very grateful!!

As I celebrate this day, the day that I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, I also celebrate all of you - my new family.

May today be a day filled with Grace, Peace, Blessings and Love for each and every one of you!!

Warmest Appreciation and Great Love
Saysusie

peach224
10-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Happy Birthday to Lauri!

And thank you so much to her wonderful mother for helping create this wonderful place where so many of us can come and feel safe to vent and ask questions and talk and share about this mysterious illness that we have in common. I celebrate with you, Saysusie, even though I know it must be difficult.

Love and hugs to you today, and everyday!

MARYCAIN
10-10-2006, 11:19 AM
I hope today is a peaceful and beautiful day for you to remember Lauri and celebrate her life, her light, and her enduring legacy of hope.

"They that love beyond the world, cannot be separated. Death cannot kill what never dies. Nor can Spirits ever be divided that love and live in the same Divine Principle; the Root and Record of their Friendship. Death is but crossing the world, as Friends to the seas; they live in one another still."

William Penn, "Fruits of Solitude"

admin
10-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Saysuzie, I'd say this year you're doing it right. Happy Birthday!

stjames13
10-11-2006, 06:01 AM
8)
FOR YEARS OUR FRIEND SUSIE HAS ENDURED THE PAIN OF LOSS OF HER DEAREST LAURI ON THIS DAY,

BUT FROM THIS DAY FOWARD WE SHALL NOT WEEP ,
NOR SHED A TEAR,
BUT WE SHALL CELEBREATE THE 21 WONDERFULLL YEARS THAT LAURI WAS THE APPLE OF HER DADDY'S AND MOMMY'S EYES.

DEAREST LADYBUG HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM YOUR MOM AND DAD

FROM THIS DAY FOWARD YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE DECIDED TO CELEBRATE THE MOST WONDERFULL YEARS OF THERE LIVES AND THAT WOULD BE THE 21 YEARS YOU GRACED HER WITH THE HONOR OF HER/HIM HEARING YOUR ANGELIC VOICE CALLING HER MOM...DAD.......

THEY WILL SHED NO TEARS FOR THEY NOW KNOW THAT YOU ARE WITH YOUR MOM AND DAD EACH AND EVERY DAY,
YOU ARE IN THERE SMILES, EYES, AND MOSTLY IN THERE HEARTS.....

WE SHALL CELBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY TODAY JUST AS WE DID FOR 21 YEARS, WITH JOY AND CAKE AND GIFTS OF LOVE.

FOR YOU MOTHER AND FATHER MISS YOU SO,
THE DAY HAS COME THAT THEY HAVE DECIDED TO NOW RATHER THAN MOURN,
BUT TO CELEBRATE THAT YOU CHOSE TO SHARE THE BEST TIME OF YOUR WONDERFULL LIFE WITH THEM.

SO FLY AWAY SO SOFTLY WITH YOUR WINGS LITE AS A FEATHER,
AND REST IN PEACE KNOWING YOUR MOM AND DAD AND FRIENDS LOVE YOU MORE THAN EVER AND FOR ALL THE GREAT MEMORIES THAT TO THIS DAY BRING SMILES TO THERE FACES.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR MAKING THIS DAY A SPECIAL ONE FOR THEM AS THEY HAVE MISSED YOU SO,
AND KNOW THAT YOU WILL FOREVER BE THE BEAT INSIDE YOUR MOTHER AND FATHERS HEARTS AND THE TWINKLE IN YOUR MOM'S EYES.

FOR THEY WILL NO LONGER SHED TEARS ,
ON A DAY THAT WAS FOR THEM......
THE HAPPIEST DAY OF THERE LIVES....
THE DAY THAT YOU FLEW INTO THERE LIVES....
NOTHING WAS EVER THE SAME.

FROM THE DAY YOUR MOM HELD YOUR TINY HANDS ,
TILL THE DAY YOU WENT OFF TO SCHOOL
WITH YOUR HAIR ALL BRAIDED AND PRETTY SCHOOL DRESS
AND BARRETTS OF A LADYBUG IN YOUR HAIR.

THE MEMORIES OF YOUR SMILE,
THE WAY THE AIR SMELLED WHEN YOU WERE IN THE ROOM ,
TO THE SOUND OF YOUR LAUGHTER,
THE WAY THE ROOM LIT UP WITH SUNSHINE WHEN YOU ENTERED IT, ARE NOW THE WAY MOM AND DAD WILL THINK OF YOU.

THEY THANK YOU FOR GRACING THEM WITH YOUR INNOCENSE AND LOVE

ENJOY THE DAY MY DEAR LADYBUG FOR TODAY IS YOUR DAY....
AND WE ALL SHALL CELEBREATE IN OUR OWN WAY......
YOUR BIRTHDAY !!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADYBUG....AND MANY MORE TO COME.....

WE DO THIS IN YOUR'S AND GOD'S NAME.......amen

GOD BLESS YOU LADYBUG AND MAY YOU SLEEP WITH THE ANGELS....

AND THROUGH THOSE ANGLES YOU , MOM AND DAD WILL BE TOGETHER ONCE AGAIN,
LAUGHING, AND BEING A FAMILY IN WHOLE AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE.

REST IN PEACE FROM THIS DAY FOWARD FOR NO LONGER SHALL THEY SHED TEARS OF PAIN ,
BUT THE TEARS YOU MAY SEE ARE THE SAME TEARS THEY SHED WHEN YOU GRACED THEM ON THIS DAY SOME 21+_ YEARS AGO
WHEN YOU FLEW INTO THE ROOM AND CHANGED THEIR LIVES FOR EVER.

ENJOY YOUR PARTY FOR TODAY IS YOUR DAY......DEAR LAURI

ENJOY YOUR LIFE AS IT IS NOW,
KNOWING YOUR MOMMY AND DADDY ARE AS HAPPY TODAY AS THEY WERE THE DAY YOU WERE BORN AND BRIGHTENED UP THER LIVES

YOUR FRIEND

ST JAMES :wink: :D :o :lol: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :!: :!: :!: :lol: :D

TracyDawn
10-11-2006, 06:55 AM
Happy Birthday! I, for one, am thankful that this site was inspired by such a great person. Without it I would be lost. {{HUG}}

beautifulbeluga
10-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Saysusie: Once again your beloved Lauri's birthday has come and gone. I wish and pray that the passing of time has healed some of the pain and left only the beautiful memories of your lives together.

I think that every person hopes to make some difference in this world "our purpose", so that our life has meant something. It started with you Saysusie and your partner who gave life to what must have been a beautiful daughter. We have all come to know Lauri through your words and stories and description of her. You both were blessed to have been chosen to be her parents. She was so blessed to have you, as her mother , one of the most loving and compassionate people of this world. We are blessed to have you, in our life and to know Lauri through your eyes. Her life was "with purpose". The gift to all of us.

A belated happy birthday Lauri ....... your were and are loved.

beautifulbeluga

littlered
10-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Happy Birthday, sweet Lauri...
Your life and legacy is a wonderful gift and a blessing to me.
I used to feel so alone until I discovered this site...I no longer feel alone.
I thank you for that.

MARYCAIN
10-11-2006, 09:44 AM
You do build in darkness if you have faith. When the light returns you have made yourself a fortress which is impregnable to certain kinds of trouble; you may even find yourself needed and sought by others as a beacon in their dark.--Olga Rosmanith

SUSIE, you are that beacon for all of us. You turned your tragedy into a triumph of love and hope, a place where Lauri will live forever in our thoughts and in your heart. There are no words to express the gratitude we feel for giving us this very special family.

akcdoas
10-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Happy belated birthday Lauri!
You have an incredible Mom, extremely caring, helpful, informative, knowledgeable, thoughtful, genuinely a nice person.

Take care Susie. Happy thoughts and prayers sent to you.

Kelly

Saysusie
10-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Thank you all so much for all of your loving words, kind thoughts and well wishes. And St. James....I am just speechless. I do not even know how to thank you for all that you have done for Lauri's Birthday. I cannot say anything more than "THANK YOU" and that just seems so inadequate.
It turned out to be a wonderful, loving day for my family and myself and, as Conrad pointed out, I think I finally did it right this year (with the help of my friends)>

I just want to say, again to all of you, I am devoted to this site - Conrad is also devoted to this site and, as such, we are devoted to each and every one of you!!

Much Peace and Many Blessings
Saysusie

Lula2ya
10-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Susie... I know it must have been a tough day. I pray your heart will continue to heal over the future birthdays to come. My daughter and I have lupus together just like you and Lauri, I can't even pretend to imagine how your heart feels that this disease took her young life. May God bless and comfort your family....

KayCee31614
10-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Happy Birthday Laurie. Thank you for the site Saysusie. I am new here and I really like the site a lot. I know Lauri is looking down and is very proud. Hugs, Kathleen

Quarterhorsegal
10-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Happy Birthday Laurie!
:D :D :D :D :D
May your spirit continue to sing on this site for many years to come!

KAKENN
10-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Happy Birthday, Lauri.

the wingless one
10-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Happy Birthday Lauri!

And thank you so much Susie for starting this forum and for being so caring and responsive and informative...You can't know how much I appreciate knowing that I always have somewhere to turn to find people who are going through the same thing as me...Thank you again and you and your beautiful daughter are in my prayers.

stjames13
10-12-2006, 04:57 AM
8)
WE here are all so HAPPY that through our words and feeling and prayer you day was a GREAT ONE....and may they continue to be

YOUR BUDDY FOREVER

JAMES :wink: :D :lol: :o

ButterflyRN
10-12-2006, 07:03 AM
Happy Birthday Lauri!

Saysusie, thank you for creating this wonderful site in your daughter's memory. Because of both of you, there is a community where we can all share our ups and downs with others who understand. I thank you!

browneyedgirl53
10-12-2006, 06:46 PM
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LAURI, SWEE ANGEL GIRL !!

So sorry I'm late, I've been trying to download this song for days....but my brain isn't working so good right now. The song is titled "If You Could See Me Now" I can imagine Lauri singing this song to you... I hope you can find it, to hear it - it's such a beautiful song. Since I couldn't find the "music" - atleast I can share the words with you.

I hope you realize how our hearts ache for you in your great loss and we respectfully acknowledge that your loss is not measured in words on this earth - but God's will is at hand in all of this. There are questions on earth, that only God can answer in heaven. Isn't it such a comfort to know that heaven truly does exist? Amen !

We love you Saysusie, for all that you have endured; for all that you have conquered.....for all the love and support that you have provided to each one of us. Your baby girl is proud of you mom, her love shines in your soul with every breath you take.

And Lauri, if you can somehow - hear this; Your mother has become a hero to thousands of people throughout the world; as you were the light of her life - so, she has become that for us. I hope Lauri, that you can see how your mother made a choice to rise up from her grief and make this website a "safe haven" for all of us. Your mom has become a mother to us all, a sister, a friend.....and best of all - we have had the honor of learning how truly special you are....and how proud you would be of her today !! So Saysusie - from Lauri to you.

If You Could See Me Now
(Kim Noblitt)

Our prayers have all been answered. I finally arrived.
The healing that had been delayed has now been realized.
No one's in a hurry. There's no schedule to keep.
We're all enjoying Jesus, just sitting at His feet.

Cho: If you could see me now, I'm walking streets of gold.
If you could see me now, I'm standing strong and whole.
If you could see me now, you'd know I've seen His face.
If you could see me now, you'd know the pain is erased.
You wouldn't want me to ever leave this place,
If you could only see me now.

My light and temporary trials have worked out for my good,
To know it brought Him glory when I misunderstood.
Though we've had our sorrows, they can never compare.
What Jesus has in store for us, no language can share. (Chorus twice)

You wouldn't want me to ever leave this perfect place
If you could only see me now
If you could see me now
If you could only see me now

Kim Noblitt, (c) 1992 Integrity's Praise/BMI and Dad and Dann Music
Sung by Truth (Russ Lee, soloist) on "Something to Hold On To," 1992.

tanyaw
10-12-2006, 11:14 PM
I have only been apart of this sight for a week now and am already very thankful for Susie and her kind and helpful advice. Lauri's mommy is the best! Happy Birthday Lauri and thank you for sharing your mommy with us.

Tanya

hatlady
10-13-2006, 03:17 AM
Happy belated birthday, Lauri -

SaySusie, my belief is that birthdays should be celebrated for as long as possible. A day is not long enough to hold the warm thoughts, joys and sharing of laughter.

I hope the memories and the warmth continue to carry you through - she was a special joy and will always remain a joy in your heart - and in all of ours!

Peace,

Saysusie
10-13-2006, 04:04 AM
Browneyedgirl; I found the song and listened to it; the melody is just as beautiful as the lyrics. I am now searching for the music because I would love perform and record it!! Thank you so much for thinking of me and sharing such a beautiful song whose words were exactly what I needed to hear!
Here is the website I found if anyone else would like to actually hear it:
http://www.iviememorial.com/Now.html

Thank you all......you know, "Thank You" just seems so ineffective in communicating how much I appreciate all of the kindness, compassion and acknowledgment that I have received from each of you. It is quite overwhelming, but certainly in a good and much needed way :lol:
I would love to sit down with a linguist so that I could formulate an appropriate word or phrase that could truly express what I feel. But, since that it not possible and I am constrained by the limitations of language and terminlogy, I just have to keep saying "Thank You". Although I keep repeating those two words, I want to make sure that all of you understand that there is so much more emotion behind them than those two mere words can convey or express.
So, I say again, Thank You My Friends...My Family

Much Love and Appreciation
Saysusie

browneyedgirl53
10-13-2006, 12:36 PM
You're so very welcome, Suze! Today happens to be my brother Kelly's birthday (passed away with lymphoma)....and I listen to that song to keep me mindful that "he is the lucky one"...of course we missed our loved ones - but it took so so many years before I could be comforted with the thought of both my brothers no longer in our physical lives. When I first heard this song-tears of relief ran down my face...soaked my shirt. It was a healing balm for my broken heart. It was the first time I realized that as spoken so beautifully in prior threads - "let's celebrate their presence in our lives and now in our hearts for all time".

It is my prayer that what I am about to share with you doesn't come across strange - I guess it's my way of trying to rationalize why things happen....and it drives my friends and family nuts. But here goes.....

"I believe that God chooses to take His very best angels first- but not before they can teach us how to live; I used to think it was God's way of showing us what pure love looks like - (a snapshot of heaven's family)
I believe that He (God) creates pathways for people to be brought together for specific reasons, for an appointed season....and others for all time.
Perhaps God loved you so much, that he wanted to share with you His piece of Heaven that you happened to call "Lauri"....and when He knew that her pain was too great to bear here - He brought her home to walk those streets of gold! So, just maybe Lauri was sent to you for many many more reasons than you can have ever dreamt of. I think we all can sing a song of joy for your precious gift of Lauri. God brought her home; and God brought you to us....and we bring you our hearts....and you mend us, you strengthen us, you encourage us......and you shared with us your rarest and most precious gift from God. So thank you - that you have opened up your heart to let us see the precious gift God brought to you; and you are God's gift to all of us.

We love you Suze - I hope you do find that music; and sing with all your heart and let it echo in Lauri's ears.....she will shine up all of heaven to hear her mom singing !!!

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

Saysusie
10-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Browneyedgirl :lol:
Check you PM

Saysusie