PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from New Jersey?

buddhabelly
10-09-2006, 06:01 PM
I would like to start a support group for anyone in NJ... Is anyone from New Jersey? :)

KAKENN
10-12-2006, 01:42 PM
I am in South Jersey.

mrslostinjersey
02-16-2007, 10:03 AM
I am in New Jersey ... and soooo Loooking forward to group meeting.

Thanks

MrsLostInJersey

cramer
07-06-2007, 07:38 AM
I live in the Philly area--is anyone near there. I go to the dentist in Voorhes, and am there every few weeks lately. Is there a way for us to contact one another without posting personal info online?

Oluwa
07-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Hi Cramer...

Click on the PM (Private Message) button on the persons post. Or click on Profile and it will give you there email if they disclosed it...or click the email button, which will give you a direct link providing you have that service installed on your PC.

Keep well,
Oluwa

Jax812
07-24-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm moving from Philadelphia to northern New Jersey in a month.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a rheumatologist in northern New Jersey?

buddhabelly
07-25-2008, 06:36 PM
:) I had Dr. Gonter as my rheumie when I first got diagnosed 2 years ago. He practices in a reknown rheumatology office in Teaneck, NJ. Unfortunately, due to insurance, I had to find a different doctor. But, he did help me a lot during my 1st year. He actually took time to sit down with me with all my questions.

Where in Northern Jersey are you moving to? :?:

Karol
07-31-2008, 06:05 AM
I am new to the board, from South Jersey and would love to get involved in a support group.

There really is not any groups local to us Jersey folks.

Nice to meet you all.

buddhabelly
08-26-2008, 04:41 AM
:) Hello everyone. I have a dilemma. Im from Northern NJ and Im in need of a new rheumatologist. Because of insurance issues, I need to find a new rheumatologist. Does anyone have any recommendations? I live in Hackensack, NJ (Bergen County). I need to find one soon. :(

buddhabelly
10-28-2008, 04:30 PM
:BIG: Sometimes I just want to vent or just chat about a bad day, or even about tv shows or movies. It seems there's not many members of the forum up in Jersey. :(

kriscoop
02-17-2009, 05:52 AM
just saying hello from central Jersey :)

I was diagnosed with lupus (Oct 2007) then mixed connective tissue disease about a year later. I'm doing ok these days, going to a new rheumy in Philly next week...wish me luck :)

--kristin

red246
03-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Kristin -

How did the new rheumy appt go in Philly? I'm in Burlington County so Philly's not too far. We used to live in Central Jersey and I loved my doc's up there, but it's too far of a drive up there now to try and find a rheumy up that way.

Nemo
03-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Hi,
I am from South Jersey and have not been able to find a local support group. Were you able to start one up? I have been dealing with Lupus for about a year now and it would be nice to share insight and things that help us make it through everyday life. I found out the ultraviolet light(especially between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.) and flourescent lights are a major cause to Lupus flare ups. So try and cover up, avoid those hours if possible, and change out your light bulbs. Even try to wear sunscreen if inside the house or a building using flourescents. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I will try anything as long is it can possibly help me. It may help you as well. I heard this info was released from the Mayo Clinic. Which is really good to know. Well hope to hear from you and any possible info on a support group.

pandagirl
03-25-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm in...lets do it!

Rickigal
11-24-2010, 05:13 AM
Hi I am from South Jersey too! There are some support groups in the area I might check out. http://cure4lupus.org/store/index.php?main_page=page&id=21&chapter=6#NJ Anyone attend these?

red246
11-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Wow! Cherry Hill and Voorhees must be somewhat new. There really was nothing when I was looking. Thank you for posting the link! :)

fullofgummibears
07-10-2011, 12:08 PM
oh i would really enjoy having support groups in jersey, im from central jersey myself!

red246
07-10-2011, 04:04 PM
hiya! where are you at? i have lived in north, central, south & shore areas! currently we're in burlington county. if i'm not mistaken there are some groups in central & north jersey. i think there's a link above or you can go the lupus.org page and follow links for support groups.

nicolehinkel
08-02-2011, 07:19 PM
I live in Bucks County PA, right outside of the northeast Philly area.

tgal
08-02-2011, 10:26 PM
It is making me smile seeing all of you talking about getting together!Just one of many things that our WHL family is good for!