PDA

View Full Version : WEHAVELUPUS-CYBERBUS THEME SONG

browneyedgirl53
10-09-2006, 01:28 PM
ADMIN.....

You picked the absolute most perfect song....I've listened to it a half dozen times now (after it took me two days to figure out how to make it play) :lol: With all my heart, thank you for your contribution to our Cyberbus trip, can we end it with playing "It's A Wonderful World"?

After wiping the tears away, and taking a deep breath - that song just went through my soul....and touched me so so much. It truly is a beautiful song. I cried so hard; I was thinking of one of our fellow lupus sufferers here in our area passed away last week. She was very active in the community and really lived a life that she made "every minute of her life count".

Today, I will choose to live with joy - today, I will choose to live in thankfulness - and today, - well, today I will thank God that I am still breathing, still crying, still in love with life, with my child - my family....and in love with We Have Lupus.

So for now, I'm signing off - I think I'll go play out in the leaves and maybe just for the "fun of it" - go have an ice cream cone !!!!

Thank you Conrad - you made me cry - you made my heart soar !!!

I love you, everyone.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

MARYCAIN
10-09-2006, 02:13 PM
I can't upload the music because it's copyrighted, but if you have rhapsody, listen to one of my favorite songs - May You Live, by Carolyn Arends - it's the song I sing to my children almost every night -

May You Live

If there is a cup of life
And we each get our quotas
May you drink yours down, pass the rest around
And not waste one iota
And if there is a winding road
And mountains meant for climbing
May you be strong and brave, and constantly amazed
By every new horizon

And may you live
All the days
Of your life
May you live
All the days
Of your life

And if our days make up a dance
Then have no hesitation
Turn the music loud and send a crowd
Of friends your invitation
And if it’s true that love's a song
We sing in joy and sadness
Then may your song be sung at the top of your lungs
And may it bring you gladness

May you live…

And if there is another world
That waits beyond the curtain
Then when your time has come
may you hear "well done"
And may you know for certain

That you lived …

C 2004 Carolyn Arends Music

admin
10-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Hi Browneyed, glad you like it. Here's the background on it if you're interested.

http://www.conradaskland.com/blog/?p=286

MARYCAIN
10-09-2006, 04:44 PM
You are obviously the person to answer a musical question for me - I am (reluctantly) considering giving up my musical instruments in favor of a synthesizer and MIDI interface - yes, I know I'm a decade or more out of date, but I love the feel of the instrument as much as the sound. Is there any setup for electronic dummies that will reproduce the sounds of some traditional instruments (mountain dulcimer, hammer dulcimer, celtic harp) as well as guitar and piano? Almost everything I've seen will produce orchestral-quality instrumentation but nothing suitable for the folk and Celtic music I play. This is an area where I am completely ignorant, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

admin
10-09-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm partial to Roland gear, they have sound cards you can get for upgrading certain sound banks. There is a very good Country sound card that has great dulcimer samples. Other option is to go software based and then you can get whatever sound banks you want.

hatlady
10-13-2006, 05:01 AM
I've now READ the songs, haven't had a chance to listen. I'll find a quiet time later today or over the weekend.

The poetry and the music of the words is beautiful - thanks!

Have a beautiful, blessed day - all