PDA

View Full Version : Support groups in Cape Town, South Africa

Morpheus
10-05-2006, 04:31 AM
Hi all sa lupies, are there any support groups in Cape town ?
:)

browneyedgirl53
10-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Hi Morpheus,

Good to see your post today. I searched and found the Lupus Foundation in South Africa's telephone number and website - I hope this can atleast get you started.....

I hope you're doing well. Let us know if you find a group....or perhaps you can be a pioneer today and start one !!!!

Be Happy.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

LUPUS FOUNDATION S.A.

lupussap@lantic.net

+27 (0)12 651 5676 S.A.Lupus Foundation - support

Morpheus
10-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Thanx for the time and effort browneyedgirl53, really appreciate it

browneyedgirl53
10-06-2006, 11:33 AM
You're most welcome, friend. Hope you have an enjoyable week-end.

Take care of yourself. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

browneyedgirl53
12-08-2006, 04:20 AM
I Was Thinking Of You And Wondering If You Found A Support Group? I Hope This Note Finds You Well. Stay In Touch. Much Love! Browneyedgirl

IloveHistory
01-13-2007, 05:52 AM
Hi Morpheus!

I also live in Cape Town, South Africa and have Lupus! :)

Unfortunately, I am not sure if there are any support groups in Cape Town, but have been wondering about this since I was diagnosed (in December 2006). Please let me know if you manage to find any!

Keep well! :)

socialmissy
07-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Hello all,

I see this thread is dated a few years back so I don't know if you guys will even get this, but i'm a lupus nephritis newbie from Cape Town as well....I know that our church has regular lupus support group meetings...I didn't go to the one they had recently tho...was too sick from this flare...I was wondering if you managed to find out if there are any other groups?

Hope you're all doing good

Morpheus
08-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Hi Social Missy
Ive not come across any support groups in Cape town.
You mentioned your church has support groups, in which area?

socialmissy
08-03-2010, 01:11 PM
I am from the Southen Suburbs. The church is called St Cyprians Anglican Church. My mom says there is an article about the couple who started the group and what it's all about in tonight's Argus.

Morpheus
08-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Thank you socialmissy
will definitely investigate.

ketso
10-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi there

My client, a US based organization is looking for 5 people who speak SeSotho and have Lupus condition. If you have it and/or know someone who has the condition, please reply to this email with your number and email address.
You will be compensate for participating

Thank you.