PDA

View Full Version : Questioning starting a new med...

T
10-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Hi everyone, well it's been a long time since i've been on this site and it's comforting to know that it's still here for me to come too....thanks. Well, I was diagnosed with lupus at the beginning of summer and had no problems throughout the summer, but now that the weather has changed, i've noticed change. About two weeks ago (right when it got cold), I began to have aweful joint pain. It's worse in the morning and at night. I just never imagined this type of pain before...always feeling like i just ran 20 miles the day before making it hard to walk, get dressed, and doing any other simple daily task. Anyways, my point is that i just saw my dr and he suggested that i try taking Methotrexate, which is a drug for arthritus. I was just wondering if anyone else has takin that and if they've had success from it or any really bad side effects. I'm worried about starting a new med, but i know it's prolly worth trying if i'm in this much pain.

I always seem to write so much more than i expect....Also, it's just so hard cause this is the first problem i've had and it just makes it so much more real. I'm just worried and scared that my body will never feel normal again. If anyone has any suggestions on what i can do to help with the joint/arthritus pain, please let me know. It's hard being a college student and feeling limited in a physical way that you never had before imagined.

I hope everyone is doing well. It has been a beautiful fall this year and i hope you've had a chance to enjoy it!

My prayers are with you all!!

Teresa

MARYCAIN
10-05-2006, 02:16 PM
If you go back to the list of forums, and click on the link for lupus medications, you will find several posts about methotrexate that may help you. You can also find a lot of informtion about mrthotrexate on the arthritisabout.com website under medications,

T
10-05-2006, 03:21 PM
thank you!