PDA

View Full Version : Check this out if you want to smile

admin
09-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Don't give up on this, keep watching.
:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

I saw this and totally thought of SaySuzie.

browneyedgirl53
09-30-2006, 11:37 PM
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT.....
MORE LOVE - MORE HUGS !!!!!

THANK YOU.....THANK YOU.....THANK YOU.....THANK YOU, FOR SHARING !
I hope everyone has a chance to watch it all the way through.

I'm a hugger, way back from the 60's - so I really did appreciate this piece (peace) :lol: !!

Thanks again, Conrad - hope you have a great week-end!

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

Quarterhorsegal
10-01-2006, 05:34 AM
Thanks! I will take all the hugs I can get, Yep, I am a hugger too :D
Isn't it interesting that just watching others hug can give that warm fuzzy feeling. Great way to start my day. Thanks again .

beautifulbeluga
10-01-2006, 07:39 AM
That was a great way to start my Sunday morning especially since I woke up with a sort throat. Thanks for the clip Conrad......and sending hugs back to you.

Saysusie
10-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Conrad :lol: :lol:
What a WONDERFUL way to start out my day. That was actually revolutionary wasn't it???? The slow start, the "pay-it-forward" growth, the ban, the signatures and the cops hugging at the end!!! That was so beautiful. I am heading down to Target with my "Free Hugs" sign........... Howdijanoiwuld???

Luv Ya and sending you big suzie hugs
Diggsmeister
:lol:

hatlady
10-01-2006, 01:36 PM
:D

What a wonderful video! Makes me want to grab some friends, make a couple posters, and start hugging people at random...

reminded me not only of our dear Saysusie (who cyber-hugs us all with her warmth and caring) but also of Amma, the "hugging saint" of India.

May all of your days be filled with hugs and the safe, secure warmth of caring that they bring...

OOPS - editing! I forgot to add the link to Amma... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

littlered
10-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Awesome!!! I needed hugs and I sure got them!! (And they didn't hurt my ng tube, my central line OR the tube in my back) thank you, thank you, thank you! (Crying now, must be the steroids)

browneyedgirl53
10-01-2006, 10:54 PM
HERE'S SENDING YOU A FEW MORE HUGS, LITTLERED.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

psalm 56 3
10-02-2006, 06:01 AM
Wow, that moved me to tears. That is exactly what this world needs. It is sad because I have learned through the years not to touch people. I had always been the person to touch a hand or arm when talking. I never groped or held anyone's hand, I would just momentarily touch their arm or hand. Through the years I learned that this made some people uncomfortable. So in order to be "polotically correct" I stopped touching and hugging all together. My family members have all mentioned that my hugs are empty. I am not going to be like that anymore. I am going to make that change. Great video, I cannot thank you enough for posting it!

littlered
10-09-2006, 10:23 AM
You know, when I was teaching 4th graders, I always made it a point to greet each one at the door with a hug, and each one got a hug before they left at the end of the day...especially the ones who had gotten on my last nerve. I figured, those hugs might be the only hugs they got all day. And it's a fact that if babies are not touched, they will die. If babies need human touch so badly, can we be so different?

littlered
10-09-2006, 10:41 AM
You know, when I was teaching 4th graders, I always made it a point to greet each one at the door with a hug, and each one got a hug before they left at the end of the day...especially the ones who had gotten on my last nerve. I figured, those hugs might be the only hugs they got all day. And it's a fact that if babies are not touched, they will die. If babies need human touch so badly, can we be so different?

psalm 56 3
10-09-2006, 07:05 PM
I think we all need human touch. Maybe that is part of the problem in todays society. We stopped touching and then talking. I have neighbors you are lucky to get a hello out of. The ones right next door to me have been there for 7 years. I'll bet we have not spoken more than 4-5 times at best, and that includes when hurricane Isabel blew threw here. There is a family across the street that has been here for 9 years.
That is when our houses were built and we have never met them. Oddly enough none of the other neighbors have met them either. To me that is sad. Maybe if people did hug just a little more......

Saysusie
10-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Still haven't made it to Target with my free hugs sign, but I went to the "Spirit of Victorville" this Sunday (an outdoor music/food/vendor festival) and was just passing out hugs (without a sign) to everyone that I spoke to. I ended every conversation with "I'm giving away hugs today!" I got really good responses and some really wonderful, warm hugs (man, that felt good)!!
I hugged vendors, staff, security, musicians, friends that I ran into, strangers and shop owners. It was great and I found that I smiled and laughed all day!!
Conrad, you will find this funny....I even gave a hug to Jon Barnes :lol:

Peace and Blessings

Saysusie

psalm 56 3
10-10-2006, 06:24 AM
Wow, that is impressive!!!! In all honesty I do not believe I could have given out hugs like that. It is so awesome AND inspirational that you did. I am going to try my best to come out of my shell and do the same thing! Thanks Saysusie, you just made me day....

Saysusie
10-10-2006, 08:32 AM
I am, by nature, a hugger. I was also raised in a church that advocated "hugging".. so it comes rather easily to me. I have, as yet, never been refused when I offer a hug. I have some people give me rather "stand-offish" hugs and I respect that by not hugging them too tightly.
But, Sunday felt so good and it made for such a wonderful day for me. Everyone that I hugged walked away with a smile and a laugh. That was the best part!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

psalm 56 3
10-10-2006, 09:12 AM
I guess that is what my family was talking about when they said my hugs were empty, but I am happy to report I have improved greatly. I used to be a hugger until everyone got so distant. For me it seems like back in the 80's is when the "don't touch me" trend came out. My church was much like yours, it was common for people to hug. The sad thing is, they are no longer that. Most of them are very stiff. That is in a church! I admire very much what you did. For most people I know it would take a lot of courage to do that. In my eyes that makes you a fine example of how we should be. I know I was smiling as I read the account of your day and I was not even there. Keep on hugging. And for all on this site here is one HUGE HUG!!!!!!!