PDA

View Full Version : Plexopathy

mnjodette
09-22-2006, 01:37 PM
I was recently diagnosed with Lupus (another other AI diseases.) Developed some severe problems in my right leg. Referred to a neurologist who diagnosed plexopathy. Often related to diabetes (or injury) but in this case likely caused by Lupus. Says damage is stabilized and I MAY heal over time (months, maybe a year to regenerate nerve damage, apparently.) Anyone have this experience? I'm on neurontin to deal with the pain (which is better.) But numbness, weakness, etc. is sometimes nearly disabling.

MARYCAIN
09-22-2006, 01:58 PM
I have polyneuropathy diagnosed by EMG and nerve conduction studies - not sure exactly the difference is between this and plexopathy, except my problem doesn't involve muscle weakness, just weird tingling, burning, nerve twitches and a lot of pain which gets noticeably worse at night. I don't recall the doctors ever telling me what caused it - I have lupus with a scleroderma overlap so always assumed it was one of the other. I take neurontin for this and lupus-related seizures - my doctor also prescribed a topical cream of elavil and baclofen to rub onto the skin - it works really well for the pain and nerve twitching. I tried klonipin but it just make me hyper and sick to my stomach.