PDA

View Full Version : Worrying pain in chest

Morpheus
09-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Hi all, For the past week i've had a recurring stabbing pain in my chest on the right hand side.

I don't know what it is or caused it though. It just comes and goes.
Only going to see Dr in two weeks (Oh there it is again) :(

Has anyone had sinmiliar symptoms, I really need to know what this could be, as it is becoming more worrysome each day
:cry:

MARYCAIN
09-20-2006, 05:47 AM
Please understand that we aren't doctors, so we can't give you any medical advice. I can tell you that many lupus patients develop a problem known as pleurisy, which can cause sharp or grating chest pain, especially when you try to take a deep breath. If you look under the new member's introduction link, there is a post about pleurisy that may answer some of your questions.

There are many medical conditions that can cause chest pain. If your pain gets worse, or you notice shortness of breath, fever, coughing or any other symptoms, please contact your doctor right away rather than waiting two weeks. I know the medical system there makes it more complicated to get into a doctor, but is there any way to move your appt. up?

browneyedgirl53
09-21-2006, 01:12 AM
Hi Morpheus,

I can only share with you that I suffer from pericarditis; and I have the same symptoms you described. I finally drove myself to the emergency room because the pain was getting too bad. It turns out I had a CRP level of 7.5......which is really really high. So I got quite a lecture from my doctor........that's its not a good idea to wait these things out; especially with heart problems.

As Marycain mentioned there are many reasons for chest pain. I would not hesitate to call my doctor; explain to your m.d. the symptoms you're having. I'm sure Saysusie and/or St. James will pop in with some more knowledgeable advice.

You will be in my prayers, friend. Stay strong, hold on; and if the pain is too much call the M.D. right away. Keep us posted - take care !!!

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

Morpheus
09-21-2006, 02:50 AM
Thanx everyone for the info.
I'll surely follow your advice

ButterflyRN
09-21-2006, 04:37 AM
Morpheus I have to agree with everyone don't let that go. The longer you wait the worse it could get! I hope you feel better soon :D