PDA

View Full Version : from natasha/newbie

natasha3
09-12-2006, 12:36 AM
hi, it;s me natasha again. i guess i should say something about myself. i am 40, a nurse, and have 2 lovely siamese cats. unfortunately i don't have a husband or significant other. and it has been really difficult since last year's prednisone made me gain 45 pounds!!! luckily that's coming off now. i live right outside of nyc. it has been very hard working, but disability doesn't pay the bills. plus i want to try to keep going as long as possible. on good days i go shopping, to lunch or to trhe zoo, visiting family. i stay as positive as possible, pray alot, and don't like to complain unless absolutely necessary! i hope i can meet some new friends here.
be well!

ButterflyRN
09-12-2006, 05:23 AM
Welcome Natasha! You will meet lots of new friends here. We are all very supportive to each other through the ups and downs of this disease and everyday life. Glad you are with us! What area of nursing do you work in? I too am a nurse and work in a infusion clinic with my speciality being oncology! I understand the struggles with living with this disease and being a nurse. It's hard work. I currently work part time on the weekends (less stress, less hours!). I hope to talk with you more in the future! :D

stjames13
09-12-2006, 05:55 AM
8)
NATASHA,
WELCOME...HOPE YOURE FEELING WELL TODAY

I TOO NOW LIVE OUTSIDE THE CITY TO BE NEAR PEOPLE WHO CAN HELP TAKE CARE OF ME.

FEEL FREE TO ASK ANYTHING YOUR MIND IS CURIOUS ABOUT AND WE WILL TRY TO ANSWER IT TO THE BEST OF OUR KNOWLEDGE>

STJAMES 8)

MARYCAIN
09-12-2006, 08:21 AM
I have four 2-footed kids and two of the four-footed variety, a Himalayan/Siamese mix and a very elderly white shorthair - both of whom consider themselves part of the family. Do your Siamese "talk" as much as my mixed breed does?

I hope you find this site as warm and welcoming as I did!

Milagro
09-12-2006, 02:13 PM
I have twin sons who are 6, 3 cats, and 2 dogs. Plus a parrot who adopted us.

MARYCAIN
09-12-2006, 02:35 PM
My oldest boys are also twins - going on 11 and think they're grown! They are fraternal rather than identical, but people outside the family can't tell them apart, even though their personalities are totally different. Multiples run in our family, so they have some twin cousins to play with. They aren't too much of a handful now, but I dread the day they get their drivers' licenses.

hooversmom
09-24-2006, 06:53 AM
I'm an oncology nurse and a newbie too!