PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom tooth extraction cause flare?

kimb
09-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I have a bothersome wisdom tooth :twisted: that may need to be extracted.....
could this stir up symptoms? :(
Currently, I am feeling greaaattt! But....this darn tooth!
I take Pred.10mg, Methotrex. 10mg Warfrin, Protonix, Colchocine...
I know all the warnings about bloodthinners.
thanks for any input, :)
Kimb

Morpheus
09-10-2006, 10:44 PM
hi kimb, had mine removed 2 years ago,

although it was quite painfull, even for a couplke days after, it did not cause a flare.
I would strongly recommend that you do it under local anesthetic.

you won't be sorry

:)

browneyedgirl53
09-10-2006, 11:06 PM
I second that recommendation - and a little gas, it goes a long way!!! It makes the whole ordeal so much easier 8)

Best of luck.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

stjames13
09-11-2006, 05:13 AM
8)
I AGREEE ,BUT I having JUST had 2 teeth pulled would say CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.

Since I am on PLAVIX and at times COUMADIN the chances of heavey bleeding is there and I would check with my doctor before having it pulled .

If the blood thinners are for your heart they may lower your doseage or suggest that the teeth be pulled in the hospital as mine were, but I have also had 2 heart attacks.

AS far as a flare up I had no problems with that but they did have me on AUGMENTIN for two weeks which destroyed my stomach......but eh last thing ANY of US need is an infection when we are carriers of the WORST INFECTION POSSIBLE ALREADY....... LUPUS.

I know I was also told I could NOT have certain surgeries due to the LUPUS as it makes it hareder for the body to heal.

Just my 2 cents...and I think it's worth a call to your DOC....to ensure your safety !!!!!!

STJAMES 8)