PDA

View Full Version : HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM SUNSHINE LATELY??????

browneyedgirl53
09-08-2006, 10:04 PM
I've been missing Sunshine's posts. Has anyone heard from her lately?

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine - you make me happy when skies are grey - you'll never know - how much we miss you....!!!"

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

beautifulbeluga
09-09-2006, 07:58 AM
I haven't seen any posts from her lately either and I sent her a PM last week and no answer. I hope you are well Sunshine and checking in but just not posting. We all miss you and worry when we don't see that beautiful "ray of sunshine".

Hope everyone else is doing well too. It is fall now and I am smiling because the heat wave is finally over. Living in the coldest province in Canada I never thought I would ever in my life hear myself say that. There you go every day brings some new awareness.

Leigh Anne Johnson
09-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Heat wave in Canada? What !!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :onfire: You have no idea what heat wave really is. When things are so hot that your heat and air pump can't keep your house cool enough, so you fill the tub with bags of ice from the store and water just to take turns sitting in it now that a heat wave. Even the heat waves in say like the mid-west are nothing compared to 98F degrees down here. Their 103f dry heat is better than our 98f because on some days with the humidity 98f can really feel like 110. We were all glad to see that two days of 69f early mornings we all got up just for a break before the sun came up and turned it to 89f plus Humidity :lol: Sorry for butting in. Just had to laugh at Canada heat wave. there a reason The Devil went down to Georgia Charlie Daniels

beautifulbeluga
09-10-2006, 08:25 AM
Hi Leigh Anne:

Just wanted to say everything doesn't have to be a competition.

Saysusie
09-10-2006, 10:09 AM
We will all keep looking for posts from Sunshine and hope that all is well with her and that we will hear from her very soon.

Saysusie

Leigh Anne Johnson
09-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, just thought you might find it funny :? Guess not ! What ever! I was just trying to bring a funny light to things. Sorry I didn't know it was a competition either. :(

Beauchick
09-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Hi Leigh Anne,

I'm in Southside Virginia and know what you mean about hot. My AC froze over (about the only thing freezing) because we had it turned down so low. It couldn't keep up. I kept one light on in the daytime just so I could see in the house because I kept the blinds and curtains closed to keep the light out. Every little bit helps. I know this summer was terrible.
My husband works out in it and this was the first time he has ever quit to come home by 11:00 am. He said everything went black a couple of times and he was not sweating much. That was on a day it was said to have been 114 degrees with the humidity.

Let's say next summer, you and I, will pack ourselves in dry ice until summer is over. :lol: Actually we still have time to do it now....we still have some 90's, how is it out there?

Hope all is well, chat with ya soon,

Kathy

browneyedgirl53
09-10-2006, 04:58 PM
OKAY GIRLS,

My "baby pool" is all set up....so slip into something comfy; and come on over !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: We'll play some Jimmy Buffet and sing in the sun! I will warn you it's all of about 60 degrees. It was great to see your post Beauchick !! Hope all is going well with you.

Those hot humid summers are unforgetable; I don't know how you girls do it. I lived in New Mexico for a long time, and it gets hot - but the elevation is almost 8,000 feet so it was nice dry air....and so comfortable.

Many years ago, when I moved to Portland in the middle of summer, my first mission was to take my son to the beach. He had never seen the ocean....and he had never seen his mother shiver till her teeth chattered !!! Man, I think I was cold for six months. That humidity really soaks your bones....HOT AND COLD.

Gotta run - the baby pool is open. Bring your own suit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

Leigh Anne Johnson
09-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Hey! Conversation over the computer is hard. I guess its hard to figure out someones tone. I'm new to cyber chat. I spend a lot of my time with my four kid so, I don't get to talk with my close friend as much as I use to. Adult conversation is grrrreat! :multi: I'm a chatty Gal and I tend to get over excited when I find a good laugh, even when its at my self. Okay especially when its myself. Anyhow glad to met ya! Sounds like your husband was dehydrated. Good thing he started coming home early. I don't think my husband could work out in this heat. He crunches someone else's numbers all day. My Ex. use to roof, and got sun poisoning once dumb Butt , I told him that he should come home, but hes a perfectionist. I was actually born in Norfolk Va. and still have family in Hickory and Elizabeth city (from my mothers side.) My sister is in NC. My dad lives in WA. Mom and I live in Al. I've been all over the Country. Dad was a crack head :lol: (joke). Handy man who couldn't keep a job for very long. I went to fourteen schools before Ninth grade. Hum? Dry Ice ? How about you and I take a trip to Alaska And let the snow birds shack @ our Place. :lol: Well it's bed time talk to ya later. Pool Yeah! I wanna, I wanna. Hey Browneyes we'll pick u up on the way to Alaska -K-

Beauchick
09-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Hey "Brownie"

Same ol, same ol here, how about you? Well now I take that back. My thyroid started doing freaky things...so, you guessed it...more meds. Oh well, maybe now that I can make a meal off my meds, I don't have to eat as much real food. :lol:

60 degrees sounds great!!! Although my husband would say that is the temp. I keep the house all year long. My mom says she can see her own breath. hahaha. I would rather be cold than hot. It's easier to get warm.

Ok, I will agree to come to the pool on 2 conditions:
1. We add "cheeseburgers in paradise" and "margaritaville"
(I can even bring my Macaws for that authentic feel! We may have to share the pool with them though)

AND

2. When it gets too cold for you up there, you come here and get in my hot tub. We will drink hot toddies and talk about the places you've been and the places I haven't. (That's going to be a long talk since the only place I've ever been is North Carolina! sad isn't it)

Any whooo, let me know how you are doin'. I hope all is well. Even if it isn't...venting is good too.

Hugs,

Kathy aka beauchick

Leigh Anne Johnson
09-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Hot toddies! Children are not for drinking !!! :wink: Dumb joke, but I couldn't resist. Hot tub sounds great for my bones. My Husband and your mom sound alike. It's not my fault he is 145lbs if he'd gain some weight he wouldn't be so cold. :lol: Okay yall I am really going to bed now Good night.

Life is a bowl of cherries, you can eat them or let them rot. Eating fun and faster. 8)

Beauchick
09-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey Leigh Anne,

4 KIDS! Darlin' you come and chat anytime.

I'm in Smithfield, "The Ham Capitol of the world", Virginia. I was born in Hampton. Hey, my stepdad was born in Norfolk. I think he is a crack head too. (joke) Maybe you and I are related in some way. With both of our dad's being brothers of the crack and all.

I can do Alaska. Will we be back in time for supper? I have to be back in time to feed the birds. If I leave it up to hubby, they will get hot dogs and dill chips. It's not cool to have a bird kiss ya with that breath....or any other living creature for that matter. (now thats funny, I don't care who ya are. See, now you have me to laugh at...not just yourself. Don't be selfish. heehee) Oh god, I think I may be over medicated! :lol:

You have a good nights sleep. I will talk to ya soon. You can email me if ya ever feel the need.

Hugs,

Kathy aka Beauchick

P.S. Tell hubby to eat a sandwich and get over it. I tell my mom to go outside...I love her but she don't need anymore sandwiches.