PDA

View Full Version : Excessive Sweating?

BluButterflyWings
09-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Has anyone else had excessive sweating related to a flare? I have been in a flare for a few weeks now, and ever since that started I have just had the worst under-arm sweating! Its really embarassing!! I have tried the Certain Dry anti-persperant, and many different brands of deoderants but nothing is helping, I have had to start wearing certain clothing just to hide it better.
Im not on any meds right now, other than the ocassional Ibuprofin when the pain is intolerable.
Thanks!

SoleSinger
09-06-2006, 11:07 AM
I have but I just figured it was from the Prednisone... Where in CO are you?

BluButterflyWings
09-06-2006, 12:05 PM
I live in Denver, CO.

ButterflyRN
09-06-2006, 03:58 PM
I always sweat really bad but it is not related to a flare. I've tried everything and anything. I'm tempted to try botox :lol:

SoleSinger
09-06-2006, 08:47 PM
I live in Denver, CO.

I'm in Golden!

BluButterflyWings
09-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Wow, so do the weather changes here make you flare up too? I think its beautiful here, but the altitude is a pain!

Razzleberry
09-08-2006, 06:16 AM
Ever since my diagnosis and since I've been on meds I sweat like crazy. I always used to brag because no matter what I never sweated ...well I sure do now! I have to wipe my forehead all the time and it's soaking wet! ...underarms aren't bad but the face and forehead are the big problems ...weird eh? Don't know why.

luvwine2007
12-12-2007, 05:34 PM
So can sweating be lupus related? I had to go on prescription antiperspirant a couple months ago (Drysol) because it was so embarrassing having wet armpits all the time. It worked great!

joakris
12-17-2007, 12:43 PM
I noticed that I sweeted ALOT when I was on prednizone. But i normally sweat alot anyways. But I could totally tell the differance it was like i moved and my armpits were wet eww it was gross, it didnt matter what i did I had big circles of sweeaty pits!!! :mad: what did they prescribe you for this? i am curious I have tried all different kinds of deoderants....

luvwine2007
12-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Drysol is the prescription name. It works wonders. It irriates my skin, but since I only have to use it once a week now, it is worth the minor irritation! I had wet armpits even when I was cold, so I knew something was wrong! I too tried all the "prescription strength" OTC deos and none worked for me. I'm so much happier now...one less thing to stress about!!