PDA

View Full Version : Brain Fog

pinkjmf
09-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I have to tell anyone that is reading this I feel a little jealous of the people that can write such long replies on this forum. My mind always seems so foggy and slow. I am always amazed that anyone could think of so many things and that their mind is that clear to write it all down. Half the time in the middle of writing I completely forget what I was even writing about. I just want to cry. I want to have a clear thinking mind that when some one asked me a question, I can have an answer like {snap} that. I want to be honest I AM JEALOUS OF YOU QUICK MINDED PEOPLE.

browneyedgirl53
09-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Mornin' Angel,

There are some great responders here, that's for sure. I think Marycain, Butterfly and Saysusie live with an encyclopedia under their arms for "quick" reference. Aren't they amazing??? As a matter of fact, you are amazing!!!!

For someone who did a lot of talking in my former life, writing is therapy for me. And fingers don't seem to shout as loud (smile)..Don't be jealous my friend, I can write - it's just after I walk away from the keyboard, I've forgotten what I just typed.(smile). The brain fog is a permanent state for me - that's why I write everything down. My friends make fun of me - but if they only knew that five minutes from now I'll forget it (seriously).

You were on my mind this mornin', how are you feeling? How's your week-end going so far? What's new?

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

pinkjmf
09-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm still on the chemo. I get nauased and some indigestion still on occasion. My hair is really thinning.
I am going on a camping trip for 3 days this coming up weekend. We are going to stay in a cabin so I'm not going to be ruffing it to bad. This will be the first time my son has ever done anything like this. I told him that we could roast marshmallows and his response was on a real fire, outside and I told him yes a real fire. We have roasted marshmallows before but it has always been over a burner on our stove. I am looking forward to this, we haven't been able to do anything together as a family in a long time.

browneyedgirl53
09-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Oh what a wonderful opportunity,

Making memories is the "good stuff" in life and it's the glue that bonds those family ties..especially when you're a kid. I hope you have great weather, a good time....and, don't forget to bring a camera. Take lots and lots and lots of pictures, silly pictures, all sorts of pictures. He will be able to look at those years from now, and it will be a "warm memory" for him.

So toast on!!!

I hope you have a great time.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

p.s. - Does your doctor have you on any anti-nausea drugs? They work wonders when you're away from home....atleast they do for me. Take Care - LOL

littlered
09-28-2006, 07:37 AM
Well, I went and bought eggs this morning, because we were out of them. As soon as I got home and got settled, I went into the kitchen to make breakfast so I could take my meds.
Opened the refrigerator, couldn't find the eggs anywhere. My purse, however, was in the fridge.
I looked and looked for the darned eggs, couldn't find them anywhere.
then I went to the closet to put my shoes away....there, on the floor, were the eggs.
Lucky I found them before the dogs did! :lol:

LovingGrandma
09-28-2006, 01:48 PM
The brain fog must be a typical Lupus thing. I thought I was the only one. God bless you and don't ever feel alone. I wonder, is it the Lupus or the meds. we take? I used to do a lot of multi-tasking as a school secretary and it makes me sad to think that probably would struggle at it if I were still working. I am using the keyboard as therepy for my mind and fingers. Maybe if you kept a short diary for journal it would help.

Have a wonderful time camping and roasting marshmallows.

littlered
10-05-2006, 12:41 PM
New (funny) brain fog story...
When they came to take my hospital breakfast tray this morning, the nurse was putting meds in my IV and the doctor was finishing up checking my lung sounds...
anyway, the tray guy was asking me what I wanted to have to drink with my lunch, since I hadn't indicated on the form...my mind just went blank, and I stared at the ceiling trying to think of what my choices were...and I stared and thought...they were all looking at me...then it occurred to me that I wanted juice, but I had taken so long to decide, that I MEANT to say, "sorry, I just had a brain fart." (which is what hubby and I say when your brain just kind of....you know.} What I said was, "Sorry, I just farted."
They STARED at me and my nurse started giggling. Then, of course, I explained what I MEANT to say....and they all laughed...and the doctor said, "write down NO CARBONATED LIQUIDS" on her form.
too funny. :oops:

browneyedgirl53
10-06-2006, 09:22 PM
THAT'S HILARIOUS !!! Keep drinkin' those carbonated drinks, and you won't need us to bail you out - you can just blast out on your own :lol: :lol: !!

Thanks for sharing - I'm still laughing.

Take care of yourself.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

hatlady
10-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Well, I went and bought eggs this morning, because we were out of them. As soon as I got home and got settled, I went into the kitchen to make breakfast so I could take my meds.
Opened the refrigerator, couldn't find the eggs anywhere. My purse, however, was in the fridge.
I looked and looked for the darned eggs, couldn't find them anywhere.
then I went to the closet to put my shoes away....there, on the floor, were the eggs.
Lucky I found them before the dogs did! :lol:

LittleRed, what a hoot!! :lol:

I think we've all done something like that - one day I couldn't find my coffee mug...found that in the cabinet where the measuring cup was supposed to be. Where was the measuring cup? In the fridge. :roll:

Brain farts. Lupus fog. Old age. WHATEVER!

Saysusie
10-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Littlered :lol:
I absolutely loved that story, actually both stories. It is so good to know that we are not alone in the "Brain Fog" department. :lol: :D :lol: :D

Saysusie