PDA

View Full Version : diet

kelsmom
08-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Does anyone know anythong about the book "The Lupus Recovery Diet."

SoleSinger
08-27-2006, 07:35 PM
I've heard mixed things abour it... Some people swear by it, others say they saw no change while still others have said that it made them feel worse... I think because of how Lupus is, it effects everyone differently... Like some lupus patients have adverse reactions to soy, while others have no problem... I'd be careful, but I think it could be worth giving a shot... Talk to your doctor first though!

browneyedgirl53
08-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Hi Kelsmom,

I will agree with Solesinger, that everyone's immune system is different; I discovered that I am gluten-intoleran and am allergic to nuts and seafoodt; and any acidic foods/juices tend to trigger flares for me; as well as any high-protein diet...I really notice symptoms, days later.

There's parts of the book that I can apply and other areas that don't work for me, it all depends. Some people have low calcium, others high potassium, etc. and etc.; so it's good to know from your blood tests how strong or weak your system is. What areas are you deficient in, or too high in?????? It never hurts to hafe a copy of your lab results. I always ask to have a copy of the lab results sent to me.

If you don't have any allergies and all your bloodwork is fine, perhaps you should consider it. If you have any food allergies, I would caution you to watch for certain items. If you are comfortable with your m.d. and feel that you have a good communication line open, discuss and see what feedback you get.

Hope all goes well.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl