PDA

View Full Version : A good laugh on the RX

Sunshine101
08-08-2006, 08:11 PM
A couple of weeks ago I got some kind of weird yeast infection on my lips. Derm doc gave me samples of an antibiotic cream and a cortisone type cream to put on and said I should have some relief in about four days. It was miserable to the point that I could only sip liquids through a straw. I thought it was kind of a wimpy treatment plan as I have a history of simple cuts or bug bites becoming infected literally over night. I called the pharmacist and explained that I had this yeast infection and that my lips were really sore, swollen and red. I asked him if he thought the treatment plan was sufficient. (I tend to think that RX's know more about medication than some docs.) Anyway, he launched into a very eloquent speech about the availability of over the counter products such as Monistat, Diflucan, Vagisil... I said "Whoa..I think you went south on me. It is really my lips..the ones on my face." He said "OMG, I am so sorry. You don't know how red my face is right now!" I said, "Well, you don't know how red and sore my lips are!" Sunshine101

Teresa
08-08-2006, 08:43 PM
I have to say that gave me a laugh. :lol: Though I'm really sorry about your lips. :cry:
I went to a doctor once because of sores on my lips, he gave me an Rx for it ( or so I thought). At the Pharmacy they gave me medication for vaginal sores. They gave me the Rx the doctor wrote, what was the doctor thinking he could see the sores on my lips. I was so embarrassed. But sounds funny to me now.

ButterflyRN
08-09-2006, 03:15 AM
Oh Sunshine I'm sorry about your lips, but your story was hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So did he actually recommend anything :D I hope you feel better soon. ~Butterfly