PDA

View Full Version : CellSept and Solumedrol Infusions??????

jasminestellick
08-01-2006, 07:23 AM
Hi Guys,
The doctor just put me on cellsept and I have also begun weekly infusions of solumedrol for my chest pain, if anyone has used these methods please drop me a line and let me know how it worked for you or any weird things that happened. Thanks I hope everyone is doing well.

browneyedgirl53
08-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Hi Yasmine,

I am currently on 2gms of Cellcept a day for advanced SLE. I take a different medication for my pericarditis/kidney/heart/and brain problems.

My experience with Cellcept is that I have to have labs drawn every two weeks, to check red/white and platelet counts (VERY IMPORTANT). I believe if you look on the SLE Medications discussion forum that someone has posted a great website about Lupus meds.

As for me, Cellcept keeps me stable and out of the hospital for the most part.
There's good and bad to all meds. It's important to find out as much as you can about the benefits vs. the risks.

Best wishes - and take care

Life is good, love is better
Browneyedgirl

ButterflyRN
08-01-2006, 12:29 PM
I take cellcept for my lupus nephritis. I was recently on 1500mg a day but my WBC count dropped to 1.8 and I had to be taken off of it periodically. They still don't know if it was the cellcept that dropped it or if it's the lupus flaring up again. But I was just told today to restart my cellcept at a much lower dose. I have done rather well with the cellcept. Weekly CBC's are needed to keep track of my WBC's. I've had no other problems with the cellcept.
I have never had to have IV solumedrol, but it is a IV steroid similar to Prednisone orally. They can give you higher doses IV that can act quickly.
Hope it works for you and you are feeling better soon.

~ButterflyRN :lol: