PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Browneyed girl and Beautifulbeluga

Sunshine101
07-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey you two! Where have you been? Hope you are both feeling good and enjoying life. I've missed seeing your posts lately! Sunshine101

beautifulbeluga
07-29-2006, 05:17 AM
Hi Sunshine 101:

Thanks for missing me. The beautifulbeluga has been swimming in Lake Superior in Thunder Bay, Ontario. My neighbor here in Winnipeg has the most wonderful summer home on the banks of the lake and my husband and I just returned late last night from spending five days enjoying their company and hospitality. It was a nice break from routine. Initially I was hesitant because my health hasen't been the best lately but a "get away" was just what I needed. It was so warm and sunny but the nights were cool enough to sleep with a cool breeze comming in off the lake. Truly, heaven's country. I had to do some fancy stepping to enjoy life and not be overcome by the sun but I managed. The water was cool, actually bordering on cold and I swam and water jogged for miles. What a treat.

Missed you all and look forward to catching up with all the posts.
Patricia

browneyedgirl53
07-29-2006, 05:57 PM
So good to see your email. How are you my friend? What's new in your life?

I've been so wrapped up in our wonderful chats that those nasty little projects called "house work chores" were calling my name. heeeee -it's so much more fun reading and responding to all these e-mails. Last night as I was lying in bed, I was thinking "God bless the soul, who had the courage and determination to make this website happen"....I believe our connection to one another grows deeper with each correspondence. I am so inspired by how everyone feels comfortable sharing, encouraging....and rallying to each others needs. THIS IS A WEBSITE THAT STANDS HEADS ABOVE ALL OTHERS !!!!

Life is good....love is better !

beautifulbeluga
07-30-2006, 06:56 AM
Hey Browneyedgirl53:

My "housework chores" are calling your name too. Where are you? Just kidding but wouldn't it be wonderful to have a maid. My daughter on occassion comes over and helps me with the heavy cleaning and what a treat. My home is never as clean as when she visits. My days of washing my floors on my hands and knees (which I prefer because it gets them so clean) are forever gone and only a distant memory now. Somehow though walking on mopped floors in bare feet is not quite the same.

Hope all is well with both of you and you are enjoying your week-end.
Patricia (Beautifulbeluga)

Sunshine101
07-30-2006, 08:10 AM
I am so glad to hear that both of you are A-okay and enjoying life! A vacation and even a clean house can really lift our spirits. Browneyedgirl, you are so right about this site being a God-send. It is impossible for most people to understand what we are going through - the ups and downs and not knowing one minute from the next on how we are going to feel. This is the first time in twelve years that I have stumbled upon a group of great people that are intune to this crummy disease. Did you see the post where Jessica mentioned that she is going to start chemo? Wouldn't it be great if that would knock the socks off her lupus? Jessica: You are certainly in our thoughts and prayers! I know of a lady in our area that suffered miserabley with lupus for several years. Later on she was diagnosed with breast cancer and when through chemo. Waalaa - no more lupus. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Take care everyone and enjoy whats left of the weekend. Sunshine101

browneyedgirl53
07-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Somehow I missed the news about Jessica, like you I have heard the same kind of news. A woman in our neck of the Northwest woods, had undergone chemo and to date has been symptom free for over 9 years now. Jessica will be in my prayers !!!

So good to hear from you, until we mail again (smile) think of 10 things you're most grateful for....I would love to see your response.

Life is good, love is better!
Browneyedgirl53

Sunshine101
07-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Browneyedgirl: What a great idea! We could all post 10 things that matter the most to us. It is important that we try and focus on the good in our lives and try to stay away from the sadness of this disease that we all have in common. Don't forget to post your 10 things too! Mine aren't necessarily in order. It will be fun to learn about each other too!
1. I'm thankful that I am still alive 12 years after my diagnosis.
2. I'm lucky to have the most loving, intelligent and honest father ever.
3. I'm fortunate have great pets. (They take the spot where children should have been.) I have a lilac cream tortie siamese himalyan named Ellie and a silver cocker spaniel named Sebastian.
4. I have a great job and a great boss that is sensitive to my health issues.
5. I only have seven years before my house is paid for.
6. I am lucky that 25 years after high school, I still have the same good friends.
7. I had the best grandparents a girl could ever dream to have had.
8. I married my junior high/high school sweetheart.
9. God always continues to amaze me.
10. I am thankful to have found this special place - a place where I am comfortable in my own skin and feel at home.
I can't wait to see other lists! Sunshine101

Sunshine101
07-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Oh my!!!!!! I have no idea why the "one eyed Bishop" thing showed up. That is so not what I typed. Sebastian is a silver cocker spaniel and has both of his eyes! Sunshine101

Sunshine101
07-31-2006, 03:13 PM
It did it again! He is a COCKER!

Sunshine101
07-31-2006, 03:16 PM
Oh Browneyedgirl: Is this your quick witted, humorous side shining through? How did you do that? At least it didn't insert the One Eyed Bishop when I mentioned God! You have me in wonderment as I roll on the floor laughing my butt off! Sunshine101

browneyedgirl53
07-31-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi Sunshine,

I'm rollin' on the floor laughing now!! I just gotta see that one-eyed spaniel - (heee).

I think I'll post a NEW TOPIC and let's see what kind of great responses we'll get.

You are so fun to communicate with. You are so blessed with so many wonderful people.

I had an Aussie (Buddy) and he passed away last year - oh I miss him soooooo much. He did have two eyes, but no tail though!!!!

Keep smilin'
Browneyedgirl

beautifulbeluga
08-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Hi you two:

Sunshine, I am really impressed that you came up with 10 positive things in your life so easily. It might take me a bit of thinking to come up with 10 but it definately has my wheels turning. Lets see.....
1. I am blessed with a wonderful husband (even though he drives me nuts sometimes).
2. I was able to have children and have two (adult) that are healthy, honest and hardworking people.
3. I have been blessed with grandchildren that I just adore.
4. I have a son-in-law that I don't adore but I am able to keep my mouth shut about that. (hey I think I am getting the hang of this).
5. Most days I can be positove even when life is overly challenging.
6. I really don't have any childhood friends but I do have a few really good friends.
7. I was fortunate to have an interesting life and a variety of occupations and places to live (I love options and get bored easily).
8. I'm certainly not rich but I do manage to pay all my bills at the end of the month and live in a comfortable home.
9. I have a beautiful dog called Kira ( a doxxie) that has two eyes, a nose (very long) and a tail, and she loves us as much as we love her.
10. I am encouraged that there are people in this world who are good, kind, honest, thoughtful and I have been honered to have met many in my life.

Well, Sunshine that was way easier than I expected, you have inspired me. Good suggestion Browneyedgirl. Now I wait in antisipation to see your list.
Patricia (beautifulbeluga)

browneyedgirl53
08-01-2006, 11:48 AM
NICE JOB...LOVE, You make us proud!! I can't remember the last time I cried tears of joy...check out the conversation in Laurie's Lounge - great responses to our Top 10 -

What a wonderful joy it is to have the opportunity to communicate with "sisters in love".

Have a great day - AND THANKS FOR SHARING - my top 10 is on Laurie's Lounge topic.

Love ya,
Browneyedgirl

pinkjmf
08-02-2006, 07:04 PM
we are finally here at the same time. If you are there browneyed girl write back soon.

browneyedgirl53
08-02-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm here buddy - how are you feelin' today? A little better I hope. My sister, who is a nurse - suggested peppermint was good for nausea....I told her I wasn't sure if that was your thang (smile) or not.

I just smiled when I saw you were on !!!! Yippee!

pinkjmf
08-02-2006, 07:14 PM
I am feeling great right now my husband bought some ginger capsules at the whole foods store. I have not had any pain today YEAH !!!! I hope that keeps up I haven't felt this good in 2 and a half months. I know that is God, thanks for praying. My son asked me tonight if I was dying he was crying and said that he didn't want me to go anywhere. I told him that God has a time for everyone and as far as I know it's not any time soon.

browneyedgirl53
08-02-2006, 07:22 PM
When my son asked the same question, I cried also....which completely blew my cover of "being in control"; but I told him that his was a question only God knew the answer to and that for now, let's live today to it's fullest - and until God tells me different you still have a mom for today (smiling through tears).

I need to go for a drug run (who thought we'd ever be saying that...especially when we teach our kids to say NO to drugs...chuckle). I want to get there before the pharmacy closes.

I AM SO GLAD YOU'RE HAVING A GOOD DAY...AND HERE'S PRAYING FOR A LOT MORE.

Live for today....that's why we call it the present !!

Love,
Browneyedgirl

pinkjmf
08-02-2006, 07:29 PM
see you later, you better get up there before they find you with your face on the door pleading........ I need my pills ...... we wouldn't blame you.

browneyedgirl53
08-02-2006, 07:35 PM
I thought you were gonna say "with my fist pounding on the door" ha!!

Good night, friend
Browneyedgirl

pinkjmf
08-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Good night.

pinkjmf
08-03-2006, 08:29 AM
you would not believe after I talked with you my stomach got so sick I was in the bathroom all night hovering over the toilet. I was so nauseated it was the worst so far.
This morning I'm still feel sick to my stomach.
I know it's got to get better.....