PDA

View Full Version : I found a yummy liquid glucosamine...REALLY!

goodnightjunebug
07-27-2006, 01:01 PM
I know this sounds weird...and I hope I don't sound like an infomercial...but I discovered some thing good and want to share it...I can't swallow those huge horse pill glucosamine/chondroitin supplements. So I was looking for a liquid version...I went on the web etc and read about some. They had one of the ones I saw at my local grocery store so I picked it up to try it. It has 2000mgs of glucosamine per 2T, so I only take 1 1/2 T, for the recommended 1500mg/day. Anyway...It was really strong tasting and I was having trouble getting by the taste...it has a sweet and salty berry flavor...it made me think of soda syrup, every time I took it...so I got the idea to ...make it soda!(weird I know) I put the dose in a glass and added pomogranate seltzer water to it. It tastes like an expensive gourmet cherry vanilla soda...I'm not kidding! My 8 year old daughter keeps trying to swipe sips!It is Symtec liquid Glucosamine and Chondroitin it also has MSM and some other stuff. It was kind of pricey($ 16.99 for about 3 weeks worth at the reduced dose)but most of the supplements are that way. I wish I could market this stuff as a soda... maybe I could get it free!ha ha Junebug

Saysusie
07-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Junebug:
Thanx for the tip...you are so right about the taste of liquid glucosamine. I am going to try your concotion :lol:
I wonder what it would taste like by just adding sparkling water???
I'll let you know. Thanx again for the tip

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Quarterhorsegal
07-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Did you know that both Coke and Pepsi were invented by pharmacists try ing to make palatable feel good remedies? Hmmmm, perhaps you have just invented the next zillion dollar generating soda product. Well, one can always hope, and anyway if it works for you, hooray! I too may try this. Thanks for the tip.