PDA

View Full Version : Kind of Depressed Need Some Encouragement

angiern
07-27-2006, 07:59 AM
I went to Rheumy Monday. Happy because she finally committed to a diagnosis of SLE, but depressed because it is because I now have Kidney and CNS involvement. She seemed very worried about the CNS stuff. Of course I came home and started reading up on it and all the literature says that this kind of involvement predicts a poor outcome. Rheumy increased my prednisone to 60mg a day and is starting me on Imuran on Monday. She also wants me to stop working for now. Easy for her to say. She doesn't have my bills. I wish this would all just go away! I feel like I have no control over my life anymore. I am sorry this is so depressing I just had to vent. This too shall pass I am sure.

Angie

pinkjmf
07-27-2006, 09:22 AM
I will be praying for you and the wisdom to know what you should do.

Sunshine101
07-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Hi Angie: Sorry to hear about the SLE confermation. I am sure that it is safe to say that we truly do know how you feel right now! "Staying home" would be nice IF the bills got paid on time. I checked into SSI a few years back and it was a joke. I think I could draw like $900 a month. That barely covers a house payment. On the other hand (and maybe I have talked myself into this one..) sometimes I think it's better when we try our darndest to keep a "normal routine". That's easier said than done too, so we are all in a Catch -22, because I don't know that I completely remember what it was like pre-SLE! Anyway, hang in there girlfriend! Sunshine 101

ButterflyRN
07-28-2006, 04:49 AM
Angie sorry that you're feeling blue. It's hard being sick. It's even harder sometimes to admit that you're sick when you don't want to be. I just saw my Rheum yesterday and he agreed with my nephrologist that I'm back in a flare. They are thinking of putting me on Imuran too. Let me know how you do with it. I understand about not working and not having the money for the bills. I'm having to take some time off of work right now and it's not easy.
I will be praying for you and hope that you are feeling better soon. :lol:
~Butterfly

angiern
07-28-2006, 06:09 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes. I am actually feelinga bit better today. I have lost 5 pounds of fluid since Tuesday and I can breathe better. I guess the Prednisone increase was the right thing to do. I start Imuran on Monday. I am a bit nervous, but I think it is for the best. I hope you all have a great day. Gentle hugs to you all.

Angie