PDA

View Full Version : BACK UP AND AROUND

stjames13
07-25-2006, 10:54 AM
8)
WEll after 4 days with NO ELECTRIC due to the BAD STORMS up EAST here we finally made it through OK.

MY relapse has calmed down, the cast is OFF my hand and the only problems I have to deal with now is BREATHING......it was so humid and we were trying to clean of the pool of branches n stuff that I could NOT breathe due to my empasyethma(sp?)
Wendy had to takeme to the HOSPITAL and they gave me a couple shots and oxygen and wanted me to stay but NO way was I leaving my wife ALL alone with no electric .
So I convinced the Doc to give me a bottle of oxygen and some meds that they filled at the HOSPITAL PHARMACY since nothing was open.....and I am close to normal whatever normal is for me !!! :wink:

Sorry I was gone for so long but I was NOT in good shape, and really do not like to complain.
I needed rest and meds both of which were at a SHORTAGE..the PREDNISONE is getting on my nerves but that will be over saturday.

I'm sorry I have not been here to help you SUZ, but between my condition and the fact that we had NO ELECTRIC there was nothing I could do.....PLEASE forgive me.....

I HOPE ALL ARE FEELING WELL......I MISSED YA"LL !!!

ST JAMES :wink: 8)

Saysusie
07-25-2006, 02:24 PM
St. James;
You need never ask for forgiveness from me. As I've said before, it is so much more important that you take care of yourself! I am grateful for any time that you can give to us and I would never, ever complain when you have to be away in order to concentrate on your health.
I am happy that you are on your way to what is "normal" for you :lol:
This heat has been debilitating and relentless all across the nation... Has your power returned yet? I hate to think of any one having to suffer with no power in this oppressive heat wave.

I am so happy that you are better!!
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

stjames13
07-26-2006, 08:19 AM
8) OUR POWER IS BACK ON ,,,,BUT I went out yesterday and got a medium size generator as this seems to be happening alot more and I can not live in that heat...it feels like a truck parked on my chest !!!!

I have to go to my rheum today......he wants to take some blood and do a MRI on my back...they now think I also have MS...the last MRI showed some spots and that is THE tell all....plus I havebeen having problems with my muscles and how they don;t work right....

I am a bit scared, but I will get by this too,
I REFUSE TO GO DOWN BEATEN.....if I do lose this battle it will not be WITHOUT A MAJOR FIGHT !!!

And we all need to have that attitude....
I am also seeing my therapist today......she seems tothink I am hiding my real feelings about the MS....
I am not ...this is how I deal with things.....
I do NOT freak out until I am sure then I get mad which motivtaes me to do ALL I can to help myself, but never never never let it get my HEAD in the WRONG PLACE !!!!!

WHEW WHAT A LIFE !!!!!!

LOVE YA SUZ
ST 8) JAMES

Saysusie
07-29-2006, 08:21 AM
St. James :lol:
How did things go with your rheumy? I know you had a few trepidations! Do they still think that you may also have MS?
Please do continue to see your therapist. It is just as important to take care of our mental health as it is to care for our physical health; especially since one cannot function properly without the other (you know.. like your mantra of staying positive!!).
I still see my therapist 2x/month because I get sooooo depressed for sooooo many reasons and it does help me to explore and understand what is really going on with me!

I'm glad that your power has returned and the generator was an excellent idea :lol:
Let me know how you are!!
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie