PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible or is it all in my head...

buddhabelly
07-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Urine tests showed that I had proteinuria. So, my nephrologist scheduled a kidney biopsy in April for me. That was an experience! :cry: I'd never want to do that again. Ouch and oh so uncomfortable. :( I felt sore for a while after the biopsy, like someone punched me on my side. It went away eventually. But there are days when I feel a pain on the side where I got my biopsy done. Does that happen to anyone else? And if so, do you know why it happens? My biopsy results showed that I have membranous glomerulonephritis stage 1. I'm on CellCept 1000mg/day...

SoleSinger
07-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Your kidney biopsy was on your side, not your back? I get kidney pain, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the biopsy or not...

I'm glad I am not the only one who had pain during the biopsy!!!

So many people say "Oh it was a piece of cake" PIECE OF CAKE??? MY FOOT!

:D

buddhabelly
07-24-2006, 07:26 PM
You're right! :D Sorry, yes it was on the side of my back. I was laying on my stomach during the entire procedure. :(

SoleSinger
07-24-2006, 07:35 PM
And could you feel EVERYTHING???? I could...

buddhabelly
07-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Oh my Goodness! I did feel EVERYTHING! I literally felt the needles entering my body, into my kidney. Owie! :cry: Gosh, I was in pain, but I sucked it up even when the dr. asked if I wanted something extra for the pain. I said, no. I felt each poke! :shocked!:

Morpheus
07-25-2006, 02:53 AM
hi, i had two done.
one in 96 then again sometime in 99.
while both were painfull (could feel pieces coming out of me) the second one was worse.
Maybe it was because they used the same kidney.
Think i was sore fore a whole week after.

ButterflyRN
07-25-2006, 08:20 AM
I've had 2 and they gave me some IV happy meds. It makes you a little drowsy and both times I didn't feel a thing until later when everything wore off. Driving over bumps on the way home hurt the next day. Keep that in mind for anyone that has to go thorugh one in the future. I'm assuming all of you went through it with just a local :cry: I'm sorry to hear that :cry: I definately would not have gone through it without the iv meds. But it does help being in the medical field and knowing these things about iv meds. I hope none of you took my message the wrong way. I'm just sharing my experience and I do feel for all of you that had to experience that pain. I hope knowing about the iv meds will help someone in the future.~ Butterfly

Missy
07-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Ok - I have to be the one who had a different experience. I had a kidney biopsy with only a local anesthetic. It was a bit uncomfortable, but really a lot easier than I thought. No problems afterward, either. I was nervous before, because I had never been in the hospital before or had any procedure like that.

I did get acupuncture the same day before the biopsy. Based on what I have heard and what the nurses told me, I think I had a much easier experience than most, and I credit my acupuncturist. Who knows?

I used to have a lot of pain in my back - I thought it was my kidneys. My Nephrologist called it "flank pain." Haven't had it for a while - seemed to get better as my kidneys got better.

Alkaseltz9
08-30-2006, 04:36 AM
:( I Have not had the "kidney" experience as of yet although I am on 1 gram of cellcept a day. I went into the hospital in June and had to have an emergency pericardial window. (A window in my heart for all the fluid that was there) It was then they finally diagnosed me with Lupus. I have complained for years but no one heard me until January and then they said it was a Mixed Connective Tissue desease. I had positive ANA since I was 23, I am now 52. I think I feel EVERYTHING more than the normal person does. It was not always like this, I had what they always called a high tolerance for pain. Now don't even touch me because it will probably hurt. Where they put the drain in and all along the path (that was inside) still hurts to the touch. Until I had the operation my husband thought I was a major hypercondriac. That is the only good thing Lupus has done for me...my husband is now actually much more sensitive to my needs and feelings. And all I had to do was scare the heck out of him! LOL