PDA

View Full Version : Lab Results

akcdoas
07-20-2006, 04:07 PM
I picked up my sons lab results.
I figured out what most of the things meant, except a few.
MONO, BASO, Lymph-Man, Mono-man, Baso-man, if anyone knows what these mean please let me know.
THANK YOU!

ButterflyRN
07-21-2006, 07:56 AM
It's regarding different cells in the immune system.

mono stands for monocytes ( derived from components of organs such as the spleen, liver, lymph nodes and bone marrow) Account for about 5% of the white cell count. These monocytes have a ready source of moving phagocytes which congretate and preform their scavenging function at sites of inflammation and tissue death.

baso stands for basophils. Basophils carry heparin and histamine in them and release these components during inflammation. They are produced in the bone marrow.

Lymph stands for lymphocytes. They are the most numerous of the mononuclear cells wich accounts for about 25% of the circulating white blood cell count. They are produced in the lymph nodes and to a lesser extent in the bone marrow. Lymphocytes are responsibe for the immunological competence of an individual.

They are looking at all of these regarding the inflammation reaction (if there is one) in your son's system. Saysusie may have more/better information to give you. Hope this helped some. :lol: