PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hour Urine Test

Rach
07-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Who hate em? This is my 2nd one since i've been diagnosed! I hate having to stay home ALL DAY just to save my pee in a jug! sheez...
Do i have to do THAT again NEXT MONTH? That'll be horrible! :(

SoleSinger
07-20-2006, 11:22 AM
I only had to do one... in the hospital... so they actually did it for me! YAY!!

Are you SURE you don't have kidney involvement? I didn't think they did those unless you do... I could be wrong though...

Rach
07-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Nooo Sole... i actually just went to the Nephrologist yesterday! She said everything looks good (so far)... so my kidnies arent involved, as of right now! I had to do the urine test for my rhuemologist! i'm guessing he just wants to make sure! Had 3 more vials of blood taken yesterday too! =/

Hey Sole... how come i dont see u on yahoo no more?!

SoleSinger
07-20-2006, 01:20 PM
hmm Never heard of that!

I've been sleeping a lot and have had a bunch going on... I pop on here every now and then for a minute or two but haven't signed on yahoo for like a week or something like that... Sorry I will return! promise!!

pinkjmf
07-20-2006, 02:30 PM
I have been seeing a rheumy. for 2 1/2 years and they only take urine in the office when I go in.

Missy
07-23-2006, 10:26 PM
24hour urine test is common to make sure the kidneys are doing their thing right. I haven't had to do one in a while - thank goodness! Gotta love having your pee in the fridge (I'm a major germaphobe!).

My treat when doing the jug o pee is to rent a bunch of movies that no one would want to want with me (ie cheesy romantic comedies) since I have to be home.

Good Luck,