PDA

View Full Version : Exercise and Pain

goodnightjunebug
07-19-2006, 06:24 AM
Hi, I just posted a similar message on the RA web site I visit...I'm trying to get some words of exercising wisdom here... I just started walking on my treadmill after recovering from my second hip arthroscope. I was doing well until week 3. My hips have been hurting horribly. This was the only convenient exercising I have available(I can do water aerobics once a week...but that doesn't do much just once a week...I am frustrated! I had a contrast MRI in Feb. and it showed NO arthritis in my hip. When my Dr. did the scope in May, I had stage II arthritis already. It has set in really fastand I feel like I am damaging my hips worse by exercising...The Arthritis Foundation says it is important to keep exercising...I don't know what to do...ugghh Please advise! Junebug

Saysusie
07-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi Junebug :lol:
In "Lauri's Lounge", there is a thread started by Tracy Dawn entitled "Exercise". There, you will find several suggestions by members about low-impact exercises that can be done at home. Let me know, after reading those, if you need more ideas!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie