PDA

View Full Version : Kidney failure

pinkjmf
07-17-2006, 11:40 AM
What are some of the symptoms of your lupus involving your kidneys???? How would you know ???? Is urine test the only way to find out????

SoleSinger
07-17-2006, 12:07 PM
With me I gained a LOT of water weight... 85lbs worth... And it wouldn't go away...

Also, when you go to the bathroom, if your urine looks cloudy and foamy, it's a good indication that you are losing protein... Or if there is blood in your urine...

Those are the only things I know...

buddhabelly
07-18-2006, 07:07 AM
I have the early stages of kidney nephritis. They detected it through urine tests. According to the results, I have protein in my urine (urine was bubbley) my nephrologist suggested that I start taking CellCept, but before I do so, he wanted to see how much my kidneys were affected by the lupus, so I had a kidney biopsy done. I am now taking 500mg in the AM and 500mg in the PM of CellCept.

browneyedgirl53
07-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Like Buddha said, the kidney biopsy is the best way. Like Buddha, I take Cellcept, I'm on 2000mg a day - and yes, you do have to have your blood drawn continuously to check your counts.

Take Care - you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Browneyedgirl

thekitty
09-28-2006, 06:55 AM
I have the early stages of kidney nephritis. They detected it through urine tests. According to the results, I have protein in my urine (urine was bubbley) my nephrologist suggested that I start taking CellCept, but before I do so, he wanted to see how much my kidneys were affected by the lupus, so I had a kidney biopsy done. I am now taking 500mg in the AM and 500mg in the PM of CellCept.

Like Buddha said, the kidney biopsy is the best way. Like Buddha, I take Cellcept, I'm on 2000mg a day - and yes, you do have to have your blood drawn continuously to check your counts.

Take Care - you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Browneyedgirl

yeah thats sounds about right when i was sick with lupus nephritis.

the wingless one
10-09-2006, 12:18 AM
I have lupus with kidney involvement and it was actually the first thing my rheumy noticed because the first time I went to see him they thought I had a bladder infection due to the amount of blood and protein in my urine. After that I was referred to a nephrologist who did a kidney biopsy to see just how seriously affected it was. I've been on 2000mg of CellCept a day for the past year and a half. My doctor's check my kidney function every other month and also check my urine for blood and protein every other month. They've also done creatnine (sp?) tests in the past and I had to do this 24-hour urinalysis one time when I first diagnosed.