PDA

View Full Version : lm new

sewldy1
03-28-2014, 04:26 PM
Hi, I'm sewldy1 (sew lady)
I'm from Indiana, I just found out about a month ago I have lupus, I think it's just starting out
For years I was labeled as having a central nervous system dysfunction, then mom MOM told
Everybody I was a slow learner, the when I got older, I started having crying spells, I went to one dr
For 14 years, told me I was depressed, kept on giving me antidepressants, (which didn't work)
I had to go to a clinic so I can afford a doctor, and they said I was depressed, and took more
Antidepressants, one nurse practitioners told me she wouldn't help me unless I got a job
So I waited, this past October I signed up Medicaid, (after getting turned down 4 times before)
And got it a month ago, I went to new Dr, she did an Ana test. That came up positive, then to
Confirm it she had me do a ds dna which confirmed it, it's called arthraglia ,had hard time
Finding rheumatologist, but found one...so now I'm looking for new friends to hopefully give me some
Pointers.

Saysusie
04-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Hi;
I responded to your other post prior to reading this one (lol). I'm sorry to hear that you've spent so many years mis-diagnosed and dealing with uncaring and uninformed health care workers. I'm glad that you finally found a rheumatologist and I hope that this doctor knows enough to treat your symptoms, to believe you and to make every effort to help you feel better.
There is a wealth of information here (especially in the "sticky" sections at the top of each forum). Our members are also extremely knowledgeable, helpful, caring, and supportive. We are here to help you in any way that we can. Again..I am glad that you found us.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie