PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

toni
11-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi, my name is Toni and I was diagnosed two months ago with Lupus. For two years my doctor said it was a mabey thing, even though I have a positive ANA and all symptoms on the Lupus checklist. Finally because of an insurance change I have a new doctor. First visit he diagnosed me with S'Jorens syndrome and second visit Lupus diagnosis. I started on Plaquinil, or however you spell it, and it seems to have helped. I'm so glad I've found this sight, sometimes I feel so alone in this. My husband is wonderful and helpful but doesn't like to acknowledge the "Lupus" thing. Denial I think. I'm looking forward to reading and sharing with everyone.

debbie-b
11-07-2013, 06:25 AM
Hi Toni,

Welcome to WHL.
I am sorry, that you were diagnosed with Lupus, but glad, that you had a diagnosis. Now you can start treatment.
Your husband is pretty much in denial, but it does take time to get used to the idea, that the one you love, has this disease.
We are here for you, if you have a question or just need to talk, or vent.

Debbie

Shanna
11-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Toni,
Lupus is a tough one to accept, I suggest you get your spouse involved as you read up on this. The more he learns the more he can understand and the better support he can be! I am so lucky because my BF had a family member who had Lupus,so he has been great....don't know how I would've made it through w/out him!