PDA

View Full Version : You know if you have Lupus if ????

pinkjmf
07-05-2006, 06:21 PM
I have to tell you sometimes I have to laugh my memory is so short.I made a list of things that I had to laugh about:

You know if you have Lupus {at least it's me} if you go to the kitchen to get something and half way there you wonder what was I going to get?
I wore my shirt inside out all day one time.I went to my son's school, talked to the teacher,and the school nurse.They didn't say a thing. I then proceed to go to walmart and the pharmacy down the street.After an afternoon of running around I went to Subway to get a sandwich. Sitting there I looked down and saw my shirt was inside out. I called my friend right there and I told her about having my shirt inside out and that I had been doing alot of running around and that I just noticed it. Did I get up and change it NO I wore it that way the rest of the day. I thought it would just add a little humor to my day .
I was just thinking without Lupus my life would not be so interesting.

ihate2shave
07-06-2006, 05:58 AM
I love your post! To add mine...

I knew I had lupus when I did a load of laundry and put it in the washer, then instead of turning on the washer I turned on the dryer! I discovered this an hour later when I went to put the load int he dryer and found the clothes dry and unwashed. :D

Here's one I did just last night... Fixed a nice dinner of oven sauteed salmon and veggies, and French bread warmed in the oven. Except I completely blanked on the bread, and when I got up this morning, the oven was still on, bread in it. It's okay because I didn't need the carbs anyway.

Fun fun fun... :lol:

pinkjmf
07-06-2006, 09:26 AM
That is so funny, you see life is so funny sometimes. Here's one that you'll like. I was at a party and there were a lot of people there. I was introducing so of my friends and family to each other. I introduced my Uncle to my Aunt {his sister in law} he told me I know her it's your Aunt!!! LOL LOL. I could not have been more embarrassed.
I have so many stories like that. My husband calls me Lucy and my sister is my Ethel.

goodnightjunebug
07-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Here's mine...

You know you have lupus if your six year old is able to make a 3 course meal from scratch because you can't get off the couch.(sad but true...hmm..maybe she'll be the next Emeril??)

Today this happened...
I was making shaved ice for the kids, and I forgot to put a bowl underneath...ooops...at least we had a good laugh!(thankfully it was ice and not koolaid, that would have made me cry :wink: )

Junebug

pinkjmf
07-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Wow, your daughter is incredible. My family has eaten sandwiches for a week once because I didn't feel well. My husband is kitchen challenged you know you have to be P.C. these days.
I have to tell you my son even knows that I can't go outside in the son.

You know that you have Lupus when your 7year old checks the weather report to see if its to sunny to go out.
When you can relate to your 80 year old Grandmother about your joints hurting, hair falling out, and being able to compare your canes.
Wishing you had some of that rheumatism medicine Granny had on the Beverly Hillbillies and knowing what it is used for!!!!!!!

Saysusie
07-07-2006, 09:35 AM
All of those are hilarious :lol:
Here's mine...
You know you have lupus if...
you get up, get showered, get dressed, get your car keys, go out to your car, start it up and then CANNOT remember where in the *&!!! you were going!
You sit and sit..you think and think....NOTHING!!

Being able to walk to the mailbox and collect your mail is an event to be celebrated and so you do...by sitting down for the next three hours!!

Your collection of hats and sunglasses shames Imelda Marco's collection of shoes- You have 4-5 hats and 3-4 pairs of sunglasses in each car. 2 pairs of sunglasses in your purse with a roll up hat, A pair of sunglasses and a hat at each of your relative's houses and you are the consumate purchaser of "3 pairs of sunglasses for $10.00" everywhere you go!

SPF 45 and above sunscreen is your daily moisturizing routine!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

pinkjmf
07-07-2006, 12:56 PM
That's good!!!!!!! I have another.
You know that you have lupus if.....
You call someone tell them something and it takes at least 2 more phone calls to remember everything you you going to say.
You know if you have lupus when....
What was I going to say? Oh, when the pharmacist knows you by your first name.
You know you have lupus if....
You buy sunscreen all year long.

SoleSinger
07-07-2006, 01:32 PM
You know you have Lupus, when you go to the store for milk... JUST MILK... And you KNOW you need milk until you walk through the door of the supermarket and you spend the next 20 minutes wandering around because you don't know why you are there...

Sheryl
07-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Well, my sypmtoms are a little different - numbness, and reduced feeling below the waist, so here are my "you know whens:"

You know you have lupus when your shoe falls off and you don't notice for 3-4 steps...

.... or when you fall off the chair because your butt can't tell if it's on or off the seat...

... or when you have to ask your boyfriend "is that your leg" when you are in bed.... :oops:

Teresa
07-12-2006, 10:03 PM
All of these posts are my life, very funny! I have always thought that I was the only one. At least thats how I feel when I tell people the crazy things I do, they look at me like whats wrong with you.

I know I have lupus when I say things backwards. Like I'll tell my husband I turned the oven off to start dinner, he just laughs and checks the oven then says with a silly grin "I love you".

I know I have lupus when my granddaughter (4 yrs) reminds me that kids eat lunch and they haven't gotten any yet. Then she says "oh grandma your so funny all the time".

THANK YOU ALL FOR THIS WEB SITE, WITH OUT YOU I FELT SO LOST AND ALONE.

ButterflyRN
07-14-2006, 01:59 PM
You know you have lupus when you go to the card shop and forget to get an envelope with the card :oops: good thing I was just giving the card to my husband and not having to mail it :lol:

Beauchick
07-21-2006, 07:54 AM
I'm a real estate agent.....scary isn't it... but here's my "you know you have lupus if"

Being an agent, my cell phone is considered an extended part of my body. I was talking to a client on the phone one day and they asked me for my cell number which generally I can remember quicker than my own name. Not that day. I had to go outside and read the number off of the side of my car!!!!!!! :idea:

I was at the coffee shop the other day and thier phone rang...I got up to answer it...... played it off and got a napkin

I think I'm seeing a phone pattern here. lol. The important thing is I can play it off well. Hey, not everybody needs to know that my cheese is sliding off my cracker!!!!

Missy
07-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Love these....keep 'em coming!

You know you have Lupus if the only thing you can consistently remember is your list and quantities of medication.

You know you have Lupus when your medication would cost 3 times your mortgage without insurance.

You know you have Lupus when a nap seems as normal and necessary to you as it does to a 2 year old.

SoleSinger
07-21-2006, 10:24 AM
You know you have Lupus when the only reason you know the month has passed is because it's time to refill your 'scripts

SoleSinger
07-21-2006, 10:30 AM
... You get up to go to the bathroom (Stupid diuretics) before you go to bed and get side tracked and FORGET you were going to sleep...

... You are REMINDED that you were going to sleep, start to type a funny LJ entry about having to be reminded you were going to sleep, and fall asleep... WHILE TYPING!!!!

... You wake up at 10:30am "because you should" and start to read your friend's journals and fall asleep...

... You downstairs to take your pills and eat something and first leave your pills upstairs... Then come back down, make a sandwich, sit down to eat, and realize "Oh, I was going to take my pills..."

... You are TOTALLY slap happy... Even AFTER sleeping almost 12 hours!!!

buddhabelly
07-21-2006, 02:54 PM
:lol: I love reading these "you have Lupus if..." does memory affect everyone? Why is memory affected? :?: Sorry for all the questions. Don't worry, I'll be adding my funny 'brainfart' moments too. :D Because now that I think of it, I've been "brain-farting" and forgetting things lately.

It was garbage day, so I collected all the garbage bags around the house and gathered all of them by the frontdoor so I wouldn't forget to take them to the dumpster when I leave for work that morning. I had to step over them to get out the front door so did I forget?? and by the time I got to work, I realized, opps! Forgot the garbage! Grrreat... :roll:

Medication directions drive me crazy... :crazyeyes: There's one that I have to take with food, and there's another where I have to wait 1 hour before a meal or 2-3 hours after a meal. Gosh, there are times when I can't eat because I have to wait to take the meds. My eating is scheduled around my meds. :crazyeyes:

Sorry for such a long post... :oops:

Keep posting these funny stories... :lol:

angiern
07-22-2006, 05:28 AM
Those are sooo funny and true for me!

You know you have lupus when....you call your son to tell him something VERY important and by the time he picks up the phone you can't for the life of you remember what it was. when you do remember what it was it is 3 am and he will kill you for calling him so early

your son calls you and says "mom will you please pay the cable bill they turned it off again" and it wasn't turned off because you did not have the money

you have to send all birthday, anniversary and christmas gifts at one time to your family out of town because you just can't remember these events even though you love your family dearly

ButterflyRN
07-22-2006, 07:12 AM
I just have to say that I so feel what you are going thorugh buddhabelly with eatting around your meds. It's frustrating. It's hard when you get up and your hungry because you take prednisone, but you know if you don't take the cellcept on the empty stomach 1 hour before you eat you'll likely not take it because 2-3 hours after your meal you need a snack again sometimes. So frustrating :mad:

SoleSinger
07-22-2006, 09:55 AM
You know you have Lupus wehn you don't want to eat regular meals because you are so full from taking your meds!

jelywila
07-23-2006, 07:12 PM
OK, here's one:

You know when you're kids know you have Lupus:

You just get done explaining for a full 15 minutes why your child is growned for the next week, and lucky he'll see his friend ever again.

A minute latter your kid ask's if he can go to his friend's house, you're husband is looking at you funny, while he's running out the door really fast because.....I said "sure, be back before dark."

Sad part is, this has happened tooo many times to count!!!

pinkjmf
07-24-2006, 07:37 AM
The only way to remember what day it is, is looking at your pill box. It's a good thing that I have that or I would think it was Monday all day yesterday, And I went to church. My husband is a minister, you would think that I would remember him preaching yesterday. DUH !!!!!!

goodnightjunebug
07-25-2006, 05:11 AM
Here's my most recent...

You know you have Lupus when...
You are at the ATM machine getting money and the computer asks you for your PIN...you instantly type in your PIN from 14 years ago and are puzzled by the rejection...when you finally realize your folly and go to type in your current PIN, and go completely blank....this is a number I use nearly EVERY day! I had to ask my kids. Ugghhhh.
Junebug

KTJ
07-27-2006, 07:33 AM
You know you have Lupus when...

You can casually walk back into your office after spending 20 mins in the bathroom not because of any stomach problem but because you fell asleep!

and

When you have to explain that the bruises on your arms and legs are nothing to do with abuse but the fact that everytime you stand up it takes you a second or two to balance.

janefrances
08-07-2006, 07:49 PM
I always tell my husband that there is a very short list in my head that consists of one constantly changing item

Saysusie
08-09-2006, 03:44 AM
I love that one Janefrances....I think I'll use it, if you don't mind! It says so much with so few words :lol:

LOL
Saysusie

mom2two
08-11-2006, 07:48 PM
:P You know you have Lupus when:

You are leaving a message on someones answering machine, and instead of saying goodbye or talk to you later, you say "AMEN" !!!!!!!!

You are constantly putting the butter in the pantry or the potato chips in the fridge.

SoleSinger
08-11-2006, 08:13 PM
You call your best friend mom... oh yeah your best friend is a guy... :oops:

buddhabelly
08-19-2006, 03:57 PM
you know you have lupus when...

you have a list of things to do, things you have to do, and you'd rather stay home in bed watching movies or taking 4 naps through the day. :sleeping:

SoleSinger
08-21-2006, 01:14 PM
You know you are a spoonie when you are putting away your laundry for the week, and over half of what you are putting away is pajamas...

Quarterhorsegal
08-21-2006, 06:32 PM
You know you have Lupus if...... you get up and walk across the room without limping, and hail it as a miracle while your co-workers look at you like you have lost your mind.

Saysusie
08-22-2006, 08:19 AM
OMG!! the pajama's truly hit home with me (ROFLMAO!). These are sooooo great!!

Saysusie