PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Glands

Rach
07-05-2006, 09:50 AM
i have a Swollen Gland on my left jaw line. Does anyone else have this? Is this part of Lupus too? What do i do? Put something on it or take another pill? Thanks

SoleSinger
07-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Well, I get swollen glands from time to time, and it just comes and goes... I would say that if it sticks around too long, or if you have other symptoms, (like you're catching a cold or something) ask the dr.

lexi
07-05-2006, 12:02 PM
hi
i always have swollen glands, usually on the left side too, they dont usually hurt though, i have just had to except my face will always be slightly swolllen and "fat" looking. i was put on steroids for it, but it didnt work. :(

hope you get it sorted though!
lexi xx

buddhabelly
07-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi! Before I was diagnosed, I was mysteriously sick for 2 weeks with a high fever, muscle aches, and a very swollen painful gland on the left side of my neck, :cry: My primary doctor gave me antibiotics which didnt help much. The fevers and swollen gland didnt go away. :( But as soon as the test results came in positive, my rheumie prescribed me prednisone. The day I took my first dose of prednisone, the fevers went away, and my swollen gland shrunk down. I felt so much better. Predinsone is my miracle drug! :D I also read that swollen glands is a symptom of lupus... :idea:

ihate2shave
07-06-2006, 09:00 AM
This brings up a good question. I also have swollen glands off and on. Does this happen because we're fighting an opportunistic infection, or is it part of lupus even if we are otherwise healthy? Maybe one of our knowledgeable mods will have an answer to this.

ButterflyRN
07-06-2006, 02:17 PM
It actually can be both. Lymph nodes are apart of the immune system and infection will settle there to be filtered out. But our wonderful disease can make them get swollen too. Always watch for other signs of infection, which I know can be hard since we get fevers too but if it doesn't go way in a few days on it's own, give your doc a call.

ihate2shave
07-07-2006, 05:26 AM
Thank you Butterfly! Very illuminating.