PDA

View Full Version : Plaquenil...missed a week

Jaynie
09-11-2013, 11:23 AM
So how bad am I if I missed a week of plaquenil? Is that why I feel a bit queasy today after taking them?
(I had to get the prescription filled)

#feelingguilty

Jx

steve.b
09-11-2013, 08:20 PM
yes that is a very normal reaction after missing only 1 week. the plaquenil has to build up in our system.....only then does most of the side effects subside. it takes a long time to build up ...... but only days to subside.

tgal
09-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Get back on as fast as possible. It took me less than 3 weeks to get into a flare it took years (yes years) to begin to control

Jaynie
09-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Restarted yesterday. Feel like a bit of an idiot.

Jx

tgal
09-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Restarted yesterday. Feel like a bit of an idiot.

Jx

Don't feel like an idiot. Many of us us have done it for different reasons. Just glad you started again!

Jaynie
09-14-2013, 04:22 PM
I don't recall symptoms when I first started plaquenil, so I'm wondering...
If I feel really queasy with mild diarrhoea about an hour after taking them, could it be side effects? Is that likely after only missing a week? I might just have a bug, but I feel really nauseous without vomiting.....

steve.b
09-15-2013, 07:28 PM
this effect it one of my biggest problems when I started plaquenil. I needed to take an extra pill, to stop the feeling. and yes it did subside, as the body got used to the feeling.

Jaynie
09-16-2013, 04:34 AM
Steve,
An extra plaquenil or something else?

Jx

deannegirl
09-16-2013, 10:09 AM
I have missed a day's dose here or there and every time I do, I tend to have mild flare-like symptoms for a few days afterward. I basically find that one day of missed Plaquenil can affect me for up to a week! I think more than anything, the problem is just as Steve and the others have stated - Plaquenil builds up in our system to protect against inflammation so if we allow it to dip down below its constant level, we allow the inflammatory agents of SLE creep in and take over. Once SLE is even moderately active, it's a bitch to get back under control! : ) Don't we all know THAT!

steve.b
09-17-2013, 02:19 AM
Steve,
An extra plaquenil or something else?

Jx

I take moxalon tablets to stop the queasy feeling

Jaynie
09-17-2013, 04:10 AM
Thanks

I have a lupus appointment next week...will ask about it.

Jx