PDA

View Full Version : Muscle spasms or siezures?

Mica
09-05-2013, 09:40 PM
This has been going on for years but the muscle spams and twitching just comes with lupus. But then there are moments like now that my whole body spasms and I completely freeze up, my mind seems like it's in lala land the few seconds it happens. It's pretty bad today because I am worn out from doing too much yesterday so it usually is worse when I don't feel good.
Is this normal and does it happen to anyone else?? What's yalls opinions on it? I don't want to get too concerned because this stuff always happens and my mom is worried so I keep telling her it's no big deal but i'm worried these might be seizures.

tgal
09-05-2013, 09:50 PM
My first comment is to say don't worry and my second comment is to say get it checked out by a neuro. I actually have seizures with mine that started off small but I didn't recognize them as being seizures. Had they been caught early little to no damage would have been done. Because I waited zi did allow things to happen that didn't have to. It couldmveryneasily be a for, of brain fog and nothing to worry about but it is better to be safe than sorry

debbie-b
09-06-2013, 04:58 AM
I am with Mari on this one, don't worry to much, but get it checked out.
I have had a few episodes, where I am watching tv with my husband and all of a sudden, I will ask, " what happened?" and he'll say," weren't you watching?". The thing is, I can't tell if I nodded off, or if I zoned out. It happens in other situations too. So I don't know.

Debbie

Ivory
10-23-2013, 07:57 AM
My sister is epileptic and her neuro told her that she has "mini-seizures" (documented activity that shows in her scans) that she knows nothing about -- he described it as, that moment when you are in the middle of a sentence...and then you are like- what was I saying again? She has large, obvious seizures too, but sometimes during times when she thinks she has done well, her tests show seizure activity anyway. I would recommend getting it checked out. Seizures are dangerous - and sometimes for reasons that you would never think of. My sister's first seizure (she was 32!!!) and she seized forward and hit her head on her desk at work -- it cracked a vertebrae in her neck. Good luck!