PDA

View Full Version : My Mum has systemic Lupus for over a decade now, currently out of remission

JamiDanell
08-30-2013, 06:36 AM
Hi all!

My name is Jami. My mum has systemic lupus. She was in remission for about a decade until a recent heart attack and now is back to battling with it. She was diagnosed when I was still small and I now live hundreds of miles away and she's fighting it again. Which is frustrating since I can't be there with her. So I've been trying to find other ways of supporting her.

I've been doing the ALR walk every year now to help support research as much as I can. I've been doing it in DC the last few years, anyone on here participate in that walk? Sherry who organizes it is so nice! I would like to do more/raise more money.

Let me know your thoughts and if you do the DC ALR walk with us, I'd be happy to meet up! My team is just me and my fiance (trying to get my mum to come down but she has a hard time walking). If not you'll recognize us because we'll be wearing the shirts (unless it's cold like last year!)

Best,
Jami