PDA

View Full Version : Early Menopause????

Jenkidd2
06-23-2003, 06:53 AM
Hey...thanks for this website! I am new here..here goes.

I had my uterus removed in '99. I am wondering if I am going through early menopause. I am 39, 6 months away from 40. I am a witch more so than usual, and caught myself taking a pain pill to counter a borderline anxiety attack. not real responsible... The other symptoms I have read about can be explained by Lupus, and/or steroids. (cravings, weight gain, constipation, hair loss....)

I called the gyn and asked about changing anti depressants. He upped my Effexor XR...it did help, but was not a cure all.

If it keeps on another week or so I will call for a blood test, but hate to waste a doctors' visit.

Input, Ladies???

Thanks!

Saysusie
06-30-2003, 12:15 PM
jenKidd2;
Had mine removed in 92 along with both ovaries and did become a flaming B*&$#!. However, hormone replacement therapy, anti-depressants and a therapist helped me to deal with a lot of my problems. I still suffer fron anxiety attacks occassionally, but now I am able to recognize their onset and do not allow myself to go into a full-blown panic.
I do not know that there is a cure for the mood swings, just a way to control and/or manage them. Kinda like LUPUS!!

Best of Luck to You
Saysusie 8)