PDA

View Full Version : Painful tendons all over.

debbie-b
07-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Some of you guys and girls, may remember, that I have had a really bad pain in my buttock. I still have it, I can barely sit, I have had it for many months and the only time it goes away, is when I am on a minimum of 40mg of pred ( which my doctor only gives me once in a while).
A little later I have started getting pains in my feet ( on top of the feet), then my knees, then my elbows ( inside and outside), my hips, my pelvis and since today, my hands on top and inside, also in my wrists.
I am in so much pain, I can't grip anything with my hands, typing is also painful.
My rheumy told me back when it was only my butt, my pelvis and my feet, that he is convinced that it was my tendons, that are being attacked by the Lupus.
Does anybody else has tendon problems?
I don't know, what to do with this pain anymore. My rheumy hoped that the MTX would help, but so far NO.
The only time that I can stand the pain is when I sit still in my soft chair and not move.
All this on top of all the other joint pain, I don't know what to do and neither does my rheumy.

Debbie

steve.b
07-28-2013, 02:32 AM
my adopted auntie had this many years ago. she was literally bed ridden because of it. her remedy ended up being pred and extra mtx. she was on quite a high dose of mtx for almost a year before she was able to taper. about 30 years later she is happy with her life, and shows no signs of having the high dosages. everyone is different ........ but maybe ask your rheumy about an extra strong dose of mtx and pred.

shelly
08-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Has your doc offerred to put you on any pain meds? After reading so many post, it doesn't seem like too many people are on pain meds but I don't know how I would function without them. I still have pain even with the meds. I take a daily dose of morphine and then I have percocet for break thru pain. I am able to do my daily chores and live a fairly decent life with what im taking. You may want to try something to help you cope. You shouldn't have to sit and suffer with no relief.

Torry1957
08-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Hi Debbie. You have actually made me feel a little better emotionally. Right now I'm having the pain in my thighs - I can hardly get up from a sitting position. Feels as if I had been doing squats and believe me.....that's not the case. I am also having the elbow pain right now. It seems that the pain moves all around. Just when I think I need to go to the doc to see if there is something else wrong the one pain stops and another starts. A lot of time I just don't tell doc because I know he will want to put me on prednisone and though I like that it does help - it also makes me EAT and my face gets FATTER! I have pain medicine that I can take but to tell you the truth I get better results with muscle relaxers. I don't know if they would help you or not. I'm not familiar with "mtx" - what is that? I am sorry that you are having so much pain. I truly feel for you. I know that sometimes things hurt so bad that you want to give up but you can't do that - life is too much of a blessing to just give it up. I hope it helps a little though to know that you're not crazy and others have the same aches and pains. Seems everyone is different but it all hurts!

debbie-b
08-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Has your doc offerred to put you on any pain meds? After reading so many post, it doesn't seem like too many people are on pain meds but I don't know how I would function without them. I still have pain even with the meds. I take a daily dose of morphine and then I have percocet for break thru pain. I am able to do my daily chores and live a fairly decent life with what im taking. You may want to try something to help you cope. You shouldn't have to sit and suffer with no relief.

Hi Shelly,

I have taken Percocet, Hydrocodone and Tramadol, all of them make me itch and make me feel blah. I don't know, if he would give me Morphine, even if he did, I couldn't take it during the day, because I still HAVE to work fulltime.
I can't believe, that I am still in this much pain, it has been months.

Debbie

debbie-b
08-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Hi Debbie. You have actually made me feel a little better emotionally. Right now I'm having the pain in my thighs - I can hardly get up from a sitting position. Feels as if I had been doing squats and believe me.....that's not the case. I am also having the elbow pain right now. It seems that the pain moves all around. Just when I think I need to go to the doc to see if there is something else wrong the one pain stops and another starts. A lot of time I just don't tell doc because I know he will want to put me on prednisone and though I like that it does help - it also makes me EAT and my face gets FATTER! I have pain medicine that I can take but to tell you the truth I get better results with muscle relaxers. I don't know if they would help you or not. I'm not familiar with "mtx" - what is that? I am sorry that you are having so much pain. I truly feel for you. I know that sometimes things hurt so bad that you want to give up but you can't do that - life is too much of a blessing to just give it up. I hope it helps a little though to know that you're not crazy and others have the same aches and pains. Seems everyone is different but it all hurts!

Hi Torry,

I have muscle relaxers, which help with my muscle pain, but not with my tendon pain. That pain is so sharp and painful, when I have it in my feet or knees, it almost knocks me off my feet. I now have this pain in all my tendons, every joint has tendons, I don't have it in all of them at the same time, but it takes turns, knee, shoulder, feet, hips, elbows, the top of my hands and of course my buttocks. The pain in my butt is constant.
Oh believe me, I am not giving up, I am a very stubborn German.
BTW, MTX is chemo, which I self inject once a week.

Debbie